Can't Rotate Wall Section on Layout

ClarkeThrasher

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

You can rotate the entire view in layout if there is a justifiable reason for it but if you need to rotate a wall it should be done in plan view.

No, Chopsaw, I'm sorry I probably did not explain my problem adequately.  It's a Cross Section/Elevation Entire Plan/View or Current Screen (makes no difference) sent to a Layout Page in Scale or Fit to Page (makes no difference).  The need is a desire to have several Cross Section/Elevations on the same layout page and rotating will allow more space on the page for other cross sections.  Has nothing to do with rotating a wall or object or anything within the plan, a Wall Section, to be sent to Layout.  If there is not a simple quick way to do this, it seems like a pretty significant oversight, would be the second time within a week I have stumped Technical Support.

Ok that should not be an issue. Likely tech support just did not quite understand the situation but I think I do.  Select the "Layout Box" in Layout and there should be a small triangle outside the perimeter that you can grab and rotate the whole box ( view ).  When selected they can also be rotated with the transform and replicate tool.

31 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Ok that should not be an issue. Likely tech support just did not quite understand the situation but I think I do.  Select the "Layout Box" in Layout and there should be a small triangle outside the perimeter that you can grab and rotate the whole box ( view ).  When selected they can also be rotated with the transform and replicate tool.

The small triangle is what I meant by a “handle” in my first post, there ain’t none.

3 minutes ago, ClarkeThrasher said:

The small triangle is what I meant by a “handle” in my first post, there ain’t none.

They are sometimes hard to find if there is something already on the page but it should be there.  Transform and replicate as a backup if there is an issue it can be sent in to tech support.

31 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Pardon my ignorance, but would this not be confusing to the trades to have some views oriented one way and others oriented 90 degrees on the same page? Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Not to this trade it wouldn’t be.  Seriously, we trades are not that stupid.  If one can understand the whole wall section concept, this would be a piece of cake comparatively.  One can just rotate the paper plan if ones viewpoint is challenged.

4 minutes ago, solver said:

Posting a image or 2 and the layout and plan files will help others help you.

Surely you understand what I am saying, solver?  Honestly, I felt as if anyone who had ever taken a plan to layout would understand. Plus, I felt sharing my work content could just extract unwanted, irrelevant, tangential critiques.  But if I have to, I’ll get up and do it, yet as I think it through, how does one show what is not there, the little triangle thingy?  Screen shots I guess, so I’ll have to learn how to do frigging screen shots!

7 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You can rotate Plan Views I am not sure about Sections or Elevations though..... BUT send a CS or Elevation to a CAD Detail 1st and you can.....

Amazing how screen shots work.   Nice idea Mick.  A lot less work than rotating the drawing sheet unless you need it to be live as there does not seem to be an update cad detail button.  All depends on what you need and how you work I suppose.

8 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

You can rotate Plan Views I am not 100% sure about Sections or Elevations though ( no?) ..... BUT send a CS or Elevation to a CAD Detail 1st and you can.....

image.thumb.png.fce291302fdc7c629f99d2bec3b67c5c.pngimage.thumb.png.fd734f79d6f73c71af6d5f4b492966ba.png image.thumb.png.ffaa26366d60717c4f9463bced28bce0.png  image.thumb.png.95fa6578e9c773f335f23fe391335467.png 

M.

Well alrighty then, Kbird1, thank you, looks like you have successfully rotated an elevation but i'm not quite sure what you mean by: "send a CS or Elevation to a CAD Detail."  I'm going to see if a pure Elevation from outside the structure without text will rotate, it doesn't so your approach sending to a CAD Detail must be the way to go.

9 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Amazing how screen shots work.   Nice idea Mick.  A lot less work than rotating the drawing sheet unless you need it to be live as there does not seem to be an update cad detail button.  All depends on what you need and how you work I suppose.

True , it won't remain "Live" and Update, so you need to do a new one if there are changes made , but at the Point I am sending to Layout I am usually done with the Design Side of things , so there aren't many changes...I mostly use this for things like Typical CAD Details which also don't change often, being able to Rotate on 11x17 or 12x18 pages helps in some cases I have found.

59 minutes ago, ClarkeThrasher said:

Well alrighty then, Kbird1, thank you, looks like you have successfully rotated an elevation but i'm not quite sure what you mean by: "send a CS or Elevation to a CAD Detail."  I'm going to see if a pure Elevation from outside the structure without text will rotate, it doesn't so your approach sending to a CAD Detail must be the way to go.

If you do a CAD Detail From View   of the Elevation or Cross Section , then send that CAD Detail to Layout it is just CAD Lines and can be Rotated unlike a Live View , as noted above I mostly do this with Typical Details , so I can Clean them up in CAD before sending to Layout , so I tried it with a CS and Elevation and it works for those Views too.

M.