IRC R903.4.1 Overflow Drains and Scuppers

On flat roofs with parapets, the new IRC R903.4.1 is now requiring an overflow above the scupper, or roof drains to be installed.  A 4" overflow would look pretty odd above a 6" scupper and clay pipe.  The roof drain option becomes a little more expensive.  What are you guys doing regarding this?

And does anybody have a roof drain detail they'd be willing to share?

Thanks.

Aaron

I agree, we should have more control over the ellipse so that actual diameter could be entered.

I should have said create a cube in ISO and add circles to each face, try different diameters.

Standard ISO angles of 30, 90, 150

Notice that there are no trim/extend options available for working with ISO Circles (Ellipse)

I agree, we should have more control over the ellipse so that actual diameter could be entered.

You can draw an ellipse by defining both (or one) axis dimensions while dragging the ellipse.

When dragging the ellipse, press the Tab button.

Make the End Point "Relative to Start" and uncheck polar.

You can then enter both axis lengths that you need.

Or, another easy is to draw a Rectangular Polyline the size you want the ellipse and the drag the ellipse from one corner to the other diagonal corner.

12 hours ago, jorgearaya said:

I should have said create a cube in ISO and add circles to each face, try different diameters.

Standard ISO angles of 30, 90, 150

Something like this?

This is a 2D drawing.

Once again, a bit of a fiddle, but easily do-able.

New Image_154.jpg

• Upvote 1