Needed faded hatch?

ACADuser

Thanks, Will but I want to print in B&W, While transparencies of 80-95% will print nicely for fills. line work will not accept transparencies.

When printing in B&W ALL colors are changed to black including gray.

6 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I always print to grayscale and never black and white, you just need to be carful what color you choose. Great for wall fills

But don't you have to change all your line work to some shade of gray to make that work?

2 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

But don't you have to change all your line work to some shade of gray to make that work?

no just pick a color that works for you or just use a grey color.  turn off the color  icon to see what it looks like in grayscale after  changing to grayscale.

10 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

So you print in color with the color turned off?

This what I personally do...

• Preferences>Appearance>Display>Color Off Is:  Grayscale
  • Color is always toggled Off in layout
  • When I print, I DO NOT print in color

I typically choose either black or some variation of gray for all my various objects and layers, but if you prefer to work in color, you'll just need to experiment a little to get a feel for how the different colors translate over into their gray-scale result.  It may just be that you need to set up a few more layer sets so that you can work in color and print in grayscale but still get the desired end results. 

That Preference setting to Grayscale is what I was missing. I see yellow in a gray shade now.

And you don't have to turn color off in plan to send to layout, just turn color off in layout.

Thanks Micheal.

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

So you print in color with the color turned off?

I print in color and turn the color off just to see how that color looks in grayscale. I always print in color b/c some of my clients have color plotters and they like it but they can also print in grayscale if they want to. It's done at the printing stage not the drawing stage