Hidden roof trusses

servasMckenna

7 hours ago, servasMckenna said:

I am unable to add roof trusses on my hidden roof house plan.

forinstance in the image attached I want to show trusses for this kind of roof plane

image.png

If your "Roof" is really the Floor from a second Level use a Floor Truss not a Roof Truss , making sure the second Floor structure is set to the correct Depth 1st.

M.

10 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

If your "Roof" is really the Floor from a second Level use a Floor Truss not a Roof Truss , making sure the second Floor structure is set to the correct Depth 1st.

M.

yes, my roof is actually a floor from the second level....but is there a way to make a hidden roof without having to make a second floor? perhaps that would be easy to make roof trusses. attached is my plan, review and advise

semi detached 2 bedroom-lazi.plan

37 minutes ago, servasMckenna said:

yes, my roof is actually a floor from the second level....but is there a way to make a hidden roof without having to make a second floor? perhaps that would be easy to make roof trusses. attached is my plan, review and advise

semi detached 2 bedroom-lazi.plan

In a Floor you need to Use Floor Trusses not Roof Trusses , they seem to be working okay for me so you may need to explain further what the issue is....

image.thumb.png.8d38aa7ffa0e09066854a8634dc6aba4.png                       semi detached_Floor Trusses_MHD.plan

6 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

In a Floor you need to Use Floor Trusses not Roof Trusses , they seem to be working okay for me so you may need to explain further what the issue is....

image.thumb.png.8d38aa7ffa0e09066854a8634dc6aba4.png                       semi detached_Floor Trusses_MHD.plan

Thanks, gat it now. 

How can I add a pitch to the trusses to give the roof a degree of slantiness?

how can I show the draining point for this type of roof?

7 hours ago, servasMckenna said:

Thanks, gat it now. 

How can I add a pitch to the trusses to give the roof a degree of slantiness?

how can I show the draining point for this type of roof?

Usually done in section views but there are Roof Caps and Drains in the  Library too.

The Trusses don't slope usually , the slope is added with pre-sloped Rigid Foam which is protected with Protection Board and then the 2-3 layers of Asphalt Roofing or some other Roof membrane depending on the system used in your Locale.  In the  past they also used lightweight concrete  to create the slope to drain too but this is not worth the time to do in Chief really when it can be done in the CAD Details with Notes and a few CAD Lines.

Try looking online for a free CAD Detail from a Manufacturer of Roof Materials for example and you may not even have to draw that.

M.