Model Entrance with Architrave

Evolution

Getting on with the plan for the Non-Profit, as time permits, modeling the front entrance (which will pretty much remain unchanged) is full height of the two story with French door / side lites / transom first floor, large fixed window with arch top. My question is three-fold.

1. The jamb on the existing Door/side lites/ transom is full depth of the wall. I searched the forum for a similar question as to how to (if possible) show this ( I know I know others have asked similar questions), but key words didn't bring anything up. Only option in the door or window DBX is to set it flush to the interior or flush to the exterior.  Or did I miss the option for a through jamb?

2. The entire front  entrance is solid wood (not siding) and acts as an "Architrave" for the entire front entrance. I Figured that out by adding wall breaks, then making a copy of the wall, and changing the brick to 3/4" solid wood. I assume that's the way you would model it? Since it is as built it probably doesn't matter anyway, as long as I get the look right.

3. The Fixed Window is another issue, trying to get the muntins to look correct that is they follow the radius of the arched top, but I couldn't find an option to do that in the Window DBX? So I guess the only way to do it is with P-solids for them?

Entrance with architrave 1.png

Entrance with architrave 2.png

Entrance with architrave 3.png

Entrance with architrave.png

5 minutes ago, solver said:

Isn't full depth the norm?

What do you need that is different from what Chief normally does?

Eric if you look closely  you see the jambs stop on the veneer (usually about 2") but the jambs on this one actually run out to the face of the Wood architrave and the casing sits on the face of it. It's no big deal, but I have seen it a few times.

Jamb out to face of Architrave.png

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, solver said:

Like this?

ct1.thumb.png.537fd362fc6b6a9df09934dd7297ec7d.png

Yes, as it appears the inter casing laps the DW and the exter casing laps the veneer. I thought I tried that and it just moved the frame out?!?!? I'll go back and check that box then.

Thanks again Eric.