Plot plan text size

junior

Well, back again. Have my plot plan finished , but when I send it to layout I can't read the co-ordinates.  How can I change the text size on the plot plan so it can be read on the layout?

What you need to do is plan your drawings well. Your text size is set in your plan file. By knowing what scale you will send your file to layout determines your text size done in the plan file. For me, if I send a plan at 1/4" scale my text is 5". For 1/8" scale 10". For 1" details, 1.5". That puts all the text in layout at close to 1/8" tall actual.

I did not explain my problem correctly.  On my plot plan, when I open the polyline specification display, I select under Line Style the boxes that " Show Angle, Show Length, Show All Angles.  It displays on the plot plan, but the print is so small I can't read it without zooming in to see the length and angle.  This is the text size I want to increase.

I did not explain my problem correctly.  On my plot plan, when I open the polyline specification display, I select under Line Style the boxes that " Show Angle, Show Length, Show All Angles.  It displays on the plot plan, but the print is so small I can't read it without zooming in to see the length and angle.  This is the text size I want to increase.

Aha,  an easy answer.  The size of that text is controlled by the layer the box is on.  If you want that box to have a different size text than any other box in your plan,  put the box on it own unique layer and DEFINE THE TEXT SIZE FOR THAT LAYER in the LAYER DISPLAY OPTIONS DBX.  Remember,  the  only thing that controls that text size is the layer that it is on.

Can I get a star for that answer?  By the way,  good question,  I do not think I realized the answer until you asked the question  (I am always a few years behind everybody else).

• Upvote 2

Aha,  an easy answer.  The size of that text is controlled by the layer the box is on.  If you want that box to have a different size text than any other box in your plan,  put the box on it own unique layer and DEFINE THE TEXT SIZE FOR THAT LAYER in the LAYER DISPLAY OPTIONS DBX.  Remember,  the  only thing that controls that text size is the layer that it is on.

Can I get a star for that answer?  By the way,  good question,  I do not think I realized the answer until you asked the question  (I am always a few years behind everybody else).

You got a 'star' from me. Thanks!

• Downvote 1