Roof planes not following wall pitch directive with X11

AlvarD

With X11 at the latest version, I have a deck with a hip roof in the front entrance of a house, and with auto-roofs and a pitch set to 7/12 everything is built as I expect. If I then select the three deck railings and change the pitch to say 4/12,  the roof over the deck is built skewed, with the roof plan on the left wall still built at a 7/12 pitch even though the wall directive is calling for a 4/12 pitch.  I inspect each railing and indeed the roof pitch on each railing DBX is indeed at 4/12. In the photo below, on the right is the proper deck roof at 7/12, and on the left is the skewed roof after applying the change in pitch to 4/12 to the railings. Attached are both plans, before and after changing the pitch on the railings. 

Thanks for your help!

image.thumb.png.7857a08e8611661390cd88827746a58b.png

X11-roof-skewed.plan

X11-roof-good.plan

2 hours ago, AlvarD said:

With X11 at the latest version, I have a deck with a hip roof in the front entrance of a house, and with auto-roofs and a pitch set to 7/12 everything is built as I expect. If I then select the three deck railings and change the pitch to say 4/12,  the roof over the deck is built skewed, with the roof plan on the left wall still built at a 7/12 pitch even though the wall directive is calling for a 4/12 pitch.  I inspect each railing and indeed the roof pitch on each railing DBX is indeed at 4/12. In the photo below, on the right is the proper deck roof at 7/12, and on the left is the skewed roof after applying the change in pitch to 4/12 to the railings. Attached are both plans, before and after changing the pitch on the railings. 

Thanks for your help!

image.thumb.png.7857a08e8611661390cd88827746a58b.png

X11-roof-skewed.plan

X11-roof-good.plan

I just duplicated your plan using my own template...and I got the same result.  Something isn't working.  I'd say you found a bug.

Please report to Chief Tech support...

Eric, thanks for the videos! It's good to see there's a way to get the roof with slight movement of the walls to line them up. The roof group is another interesting solution. I may just report it to tech-support anyways to see what they think.

@Greg_NY61 - I don't see what the overall shape of the building should have to do with the roof on the deck. Perhaps when you moved the walls of the bump-out to align the building it aligned the walls of the bump-out to the railing walls and it fixed them the same as just moving the railing walls?   

Eric is a guru!  Yes...even on my "test" plan the railing walls were not aligned and so I generated the same error.  Just align the main layers of all walls and all is good. 

Thanks Eric!

4 hours ago, AlvarD said:

I may just report it to tech-support anyways to see what they think

I think you should as the wall alignment should have nothing to do with the Roof pitch generated

* As a side note I switched all 3 walls in the good roof plan to DECK Railings ( interior used ) and set the roof Pitch to 4 and it immediately built correctly too... With some weirdness caused by the misalignment of the walls...

• Upvote 1