Roof Problems

Ravenquills

Hi everyone;

I am looking for some advice from the community regarding a thorough tutorial on custom roofs. I have gone through all the video tutorial on Chiefs website and I am still not getting this right. Any advice appreciated.

I am using Chief Architect X10. 

Thanks

Best

a

Yes, I want to use a shed style roof on a split level story and half structure. They never seem to intersect in the right way and I am certain it is because i do not understand the fundamental ways that Chief is constructing them. I end up with walls that do not form over roofs etc. 

OK, this is crude but hopefully it shows what i am trying to accomplish. I have not built the foundation yet but the idea is three interlocking squares on a diagonal with a rise in between each "square level" of the house. I am certain I am out of my depth with this design but i really do not know of any other way to learn . 

InkedSquares 1_LI.jpg

exp squaresa.plan

yes i have tried auto building it and that does not quite work so I have been thinking I should do manual and have tried that on few other iterations but I just think I am not skilled enough to pull it off without either reading something or watching some more tutorials. What you sent looks right,  May I ask what settings you used?

Edited by Ravenquills
grammar

Thank you ! These are now in my favorites tabs because i will be referencing back to them often. This does indeed get me to where i want to be. Very much appreciate the time you have taken to help me.

All the best

Abigail

10 hours ago, solver said:

Auto Roofs

Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/ETh0B9haoJY?hd=1

Eric...how to you get the "green" fill in your roof planes.  I've searched...and have not been able to duplicate.  I know I can give a roof plane a "fill" after the plane is drawn...but, I like how your roof planes are filled as you are creating them.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, solver said:

It's just the Selection Fill color.

OK...well, my "fill" wasn't working for some odd reason.  I changed the color and "boom"...all fixed.  Must've been a Chief gremlin.  

thanks very much.  And your roof videos are fantastic...I always learn something.