Floating color palettes?

Designer1

I remember many versions ago of chief in 3d they use to have tool bar configurations with floating color palettes that you could assign color or material textures to that you use often to help make quick 3d adjustments to your 3d model.  At the time I didn't use them but have since thought using them would save a ton of time.  For some reason I cant find them on the toolbar configuration option.  Does anyone know what Im talking about and where those might be now?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Chopsaw.   I am familiar with that tool to make custom toolbars on the toolbar but remember when they use to have these toolbars floating on the 3d screen that had colors of paint etc.  It use to be a selection you could hide them or have them available to use.  I guess I will just try the place library object and go about it that way, I just remembered they were preset and then you could double click them to change the colors.  I just cant find them anywhere, thus making me wonder what happened to them. 

Thanks again!

Great!  Thanks to you both for the additional links.  Yes, this is a much more detailed way of doing it, I was just dragging the place object and then the toolbar was stuck with the title "custom place library object" and I thought who cares it works but yes it would be nice to make it appear nicer. 

When I look down on the link and see the "color palette" toolbar shown there, that's exactly what they use to have premade.  They use to have several of them you could choose from.  Now understanding toolbars better, over the years, these could come in handy for me and that's why I wanted to find them but couldn't find them anywhere.

So do either of you remember them being in Chief many years ago?  Just trying to figure out if it was like X2 or what... I cant remember when they disappeared and why.

When I place library object Im noticing if you select any other color bone, cream etc it will show up to select as the toolbar representation but the white color is blank.  Is this just my chief or is that the same for yours too?

Mine seems to be working fine.  It could be an issue with the material file if it is .png.  Microsoft seems to be having .png issues recently but not really sure how that is all controlled as it could be a video card situation or something.

Might be helpful if you were to add some of those critical system information items to your signature when asking questions it helps others know your situation and they may recognize a hardware issue from their own experience.