Angled Walls and Stairs

stager386

I am working on a renovation of this old cottage.  I first want to draw it as is.  These stairs lead up to a loft. They intersect the kitchen and so there is an angled wall which is just the underbelly of the stairs.  I can't seem to get it right, including the area I need to close up along the side of the stairs, over the counter. What am I missing?

cottage kitchen issue.jpg

Cottage.zip

01b9cb725aa3cad91d3cfbfe9f61616d0df1754e8c.jpg

01bc262706cdc5d7b7b2842e4145b6380aa863737a.jpg

Kate, first delete the sloped soffit, then use a ceiling plane. Be sure to start the CP on the wall that the stair intersects and draw it away from that wall to get it to slope up in the direction of the stair rise.  Then select the ceiling plane open the dbx and play with the angle and height. I think that is the easiest way in my (humble opinion)? Maybe not? Hopefully the real experts will have a more simpler way? You will need to adjust the thickness in the structure tab>edit to get the depth like you want. You'll probably have to do a PL solid or material region to close the open end of the CP once you get it like you want it? 

Ceiling Plane.png

Stager 386.png

29 minutes ago, Dermot said:

You might also want to use the "Closed Stringer" option under the "Style" panel to more accurately model the existing stairs.

Dermot, the existing stairs are open. I tried the closed stringer and it closes the entire bottom of the stair (I didn't see a way to limit it) and I think she wants only the part from the intersection of the stair with the vertical wall of the kitchen closed.

1 hour ago, Evolution said:

Dermot, the existing stairs are open. I tried the closed stringer and it closes the entire bottom of the stair (I didn't see a way to limit it) and I think she wants only the part from the intersection of the stair with the vertical wall of the kitchen closed.

"Closed Stringer" vs. cut stringer:

2 hours ago, Dermot said:

closed stringer.png