Add Gable Section to High Shed Roof

knnbmr

Hello - I need to finish a plan but can't seem to figure out my very last little issue. I need to add a small gable over this front porch. The roof is a high shed roof, gabled on the right side. Any ideas? I've tried changing the porch roof to a gable and nothing happens, I've tried a bunch of other little things and all it does is mess with the roof pitch of that area. 

Thanks in Advance - Keenan

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 1.25.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 1.28.44 PM.png

1 hour ago, solver said:

Manually draw the needed roof planes.

Solver, can you please recommend a tutorial? I’ve looked at a couple and they don’t necessarily explain what I need. 

Thanks for your response. 

19 hours ago, knnbmr said:

Hello - I need to finish a plan but can't seem to figure out my very last little issue. I need to add a small gable over this front porch. The roof is a high shed roof, gabled on the right side. Any ideas? I've tried changing the porch roof to a gable and nothing happens, I've tried a bunch of other little things and all it does is mess with the roof pitch of that area. 

Thanks in Advance - Keenan

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 1.25.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 1.28.44 PM.png

You should post the plan...

Also...where do you want this gable roof?  Do you want it located above the 2nd floor plate...or at first floor line to enclose the porch (this would be a bad idea...)

20 minutes ago, SNestor said:

You should post the plan...

Also...where do you want this gable roof?  Do you want it located above the 2nd floor plate...or at first floor line to enclose the porch (this would be a bad idea...)

I can try to post the plan later when I am at my computer. The would be on the roofline. So above the porch. Thanks!

I think you’re client's bigger problem will be the flooding in his home. 

Please see an architect or draftsman to correct your roof. 

I’m not sure why nobody has mentioned it here yet. 

I didn’t open the plan. I’m just looking at the first image in the post. Yikes!

14 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

I think you’re client's bigger problem will be the flooding in his home. 

Please see an architect or draftsman to correct your roof. 

I’m not sure why nobody has mentioned it here yet. 

I didn’t open the plan. I’m just looking at the first image in the post. Yikes!

You got that by looking at the front elevation pic? Impressive. I don't think he understood when he was asked to post his plan. He shared the layout in a pdf format. Not the plan file. 

51 minutes ago, Rosco2017 said:

You got that by looking at the front elevation pic? Impressive. I don't think he understood when he was asked to post his plan. He shared the layout in a pdf format. Not the plan file. 

I got that by looking at this...

B10ADA98-430E-48EB-BB9B-0FC99BADEA28.thumb.jpeg.049afa50082b954667273bd942c91aff.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I got it work with the ROOF GABLE LINE that Scott Harris recommended. Michael_Gia - I posted a different view of the elevation. 

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Trying to get a profile pic to upload but all my files are too big!

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 8.06.01 AM.png