Bump out window problems

Doug_N

I discovered a strange behaviour in Chief Architect that happens when you need to create a bump out on an exterior wall.  In my experience, a bump out is a bay window with sides that are ninety degrees to the wall.  When the bump out is shallow there are no side windows in the bump out.  

2079320637_PumpoutProblem.thumb.jpg.4bf7d2192af000eae25a400875c7be32.jpg

The bump out that I needed to model has a raised floor and if the offset distance for the front wall is not more than 14" the side walls extend to the room's floor level while the offset wall is trimmed to the correct shelf height.   I have reported this to Tech Support, they duplicated the problem and so they are working on it.

Bumpout Problem.zip

- Support Answer -

Josh M
Friday, May 24, 2019 - 04:03 PM PDT
Hi Doug, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have submitted this issue to our software development team so that it can be addressed. As you mentioned, there seems to be a correlation to the overall depth of the window when it has a raised floor platform. It appears that having a foundation directly below the window is also a factor. Until this is resolved, I would recommend either adjusting the depth to be slightly larger (A value of 15" seems to work ok) so that this oddity doesn't present itself, disabling the raised floor for the window, or build the boxed bumpout manually by adjusting the walls on Floor 1. 

Thank you again, and we apologize for any inconvenience that this caused. 

Kind Regards, 
Josh
Chief Architect Technical Services
Doug Norton
Friday, May 24, 2019 - 11:17 AM PDT
Side walls of window bumpout are not trimmed to raised floor level,

This seems to be related to the size of the offset of the bumpout wall. This only seems to happen of the offeset distance if 14" or less