Wardrobe under sloped ceiling

sorento

1 hour ago, sorento said:

Hello

I need use in the attic a wardrobe or any cabinet under sloped ceiling, Is it possible in Chief Architect?

My roof is 35 degrees.

regards

228011_c5b8a237-e739-4364-a4ea-857cf3a9a19b_max_900_1200_szafa-na-poddaszu-sypialnia-styl-minimalistyczny.jpg

It can be done with a good bit of work (this took about an hour with some fiddling involved). You need to use custom door symbols for the front (just a polyline solid converted) and another for the back (used psolids converted to solids, then solid subtraction). In boht cases the size needs to be locked (look at the stretch planes in the samples) and the back needs the origin adjusted and the symbol rotated.

For every size you will need a symbol for each that has it's size locked by setting the stretch plains.

To make new symbols you can reuse the first symbols by placing in a plan and changing the stretch planes for height. IF you need different widths you will have to start from scratch though or the angle will be off.

Sample plan with parts used and sample symbols. Cabinet included to see how it's configured is used. NOTE had to use a base cabinet to make this work, a full height doesn't. You may want to read up on symbols in the reference manual if you're not familiar with them.

I should add that the solids include might be backwards and that when making a solid for the front door it should be the reverse of what you want. Symbol always seam dyslexic to me which adds time as I never remember exactly which way for go. 

cabinet and parts.png

Angle cabinet.plan

• Upvote 1

thank you very much
This is more difficult than I thought.
I think that the program should have the function "cut (trim) to the roof (ceiling), etc.)

Now it is a basic option in professional CAD programs

regards

2 hours ago, sorento said:

thank you very much
This is more difficult than I thought.
I think that the program should have the function "cut (trim) to the roof (ceiling), etc.)

Now it is a basic option in professional CAD programs

regards

The easy (sane) way is to just use p solids for 3D and/or a CAD detail (from view) for 2D. I don't know of another program that can trim a cabinet symbol, maybe Sketch up if exploded? 

I was thinking about Archicad. I worked in this and I associate this option but I am not sure now if the cabinets were also trim.

The easy (sane) way is to just use p solids for 3D and/or a CAD detail (from view) for 2D.

Is there any tutorial?