Advice on multi story house

10eighty

So I have this house I'm working on that should have been a straight forward 2 story with daylight basement.  But for some reason, they want to put a crawl space under the "basement" floor. It's on a slope, and I personally would have just built it into the foundation.  So here is the situation.... I changed the foundation floor plan to floor 1, the 1st floor to floor 2, and the bonus room over the garage to floor 3.  Then I built a new basement under floor 1 with standard foundation heights.  Then changed floor 1 walls to 8" concrete walls for the retained underground walls.  The weird part is that the garage is technically floor 2 and I have nothing on floor 1 for the garage, and the foundation for the garage is on the foundation level. So I changed the heights the best I could to bring the foundation up, but I'm not getting cutouts for the garage doors.  Is there a better way to address this situation? oh, and I attached the x9 plan file, its pretty haggard but it should open lol

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Foundation.pdf

Floor 1.pdf

Floor 2.pdf

Floor 3.pdf

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Dollhouse.jpg

Eagle View Terrace.plan

Yes, technically the front of floor 1 is underground, and floor 2 (the main level) has the garage.  But it seems by doing it this way nothing seems to connect floor 0 and floor 2 as far as the garage goes.  I just raised the floor 0 elevation to meet the floor 2 garage.  Sorry, I'm having a difficult time trying to explain my concern. Is this how you would handle this circumstance? In other words, Floor 0 to carry the garage foundation Floor 1 for the daylight part of the house no garage, and then Floor 2 for the garage. Sorry in advance lol

10 hours ago, solver said:

That's what I did. Not sure it's the best approach.

ct1.thumb.png.ebd8f874d1fd96ee434fbcbd0c4f3a79.png

That's how I would do it.  AND I would show the garage foundation on the foundation level.  You won't get the door cutouts but you can show them with CAD.

there are two schools for approach 

1. combine foundation and basement on floor 0 

this has been the "traditional" method from CA since the beginning

2. others dedicate floor 0 to the foundation and floor1 to the basement and floor 2 to the main level

either approach is appropriate

I'm guessing - as this is NOT my forte - by maybe the garage should be on floor 0 

so it connects to the foundation on floor 0, while the basement on floor 1 also connects to the foundation

then floor 2 sits on the basement ?

place terrain on floor 1 then adjust as needed ?

Lew