TwinMotion

R_Faber

37 minutes ago, CARMELHILL said:

Is it just me

It is a little awkward because they've moved stuff around. The tools and settings seem pretty much the same once you find where they've been moved to, but for me at least, it all works faster and smoother. 

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, ChiefWight said:

I'm struggling to figure out what format to export my renderings in order for them to show up as an importable item in TwinMotion? Nothing I do seems to be able to import into TwinMotion? Any thoughts would be very helpful!

From a 3D view in Chief, select export as 3DS or DAE Collada model from the File menu. 

Inside TM select import from the file menu. 

important! When your file explorer opens up make sure to change the file type at the bottom because it will probably be set to a file type that isn’t 3DS or DAE.

Change the type to, “all files” and you will then be able to select your exported model, whether it was 3DS or DAE or any of the other accepted types. 

If you still don’t see your model, it’s because it isn’t in view. On the right side of the screen, expand the file structure box and highlight your model, then press the “f” key. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

important! When your file explorer opens up make sure to change the file type at the bottom because it will probably be set to a file type that isn’t 3DS or DAE.

Change the type to, “all files” and you will then be able to select your exported model, whether it was 3DS or DAE or any of the other accepted types. 

Nailed it! Thanks Michael!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there anyone that can briefly explain how to link twin motion to chief file? I may be missing something but it seems like I have to save as DAE, Open in TM, if revision is made in CA file then I must “save as” and replace  the old CA file.

12 hours ago, bdub101 said:

Is there anyone that can briefly explain how to link twin motion to chief file? I may be missing something but it seems like I have to save as DAE, Open in TM, if revision is made in CA file then I must “save as” and replace  the old CA file.

- Export as either 3DS or DAE (Collada). 

- Import into TM

- Make changes to model in Chief and export as 3DS or DAE.

- Open TM and re-import. Or if you download the latest 2023 version there’s an option to update the model. Even easier. 

This might sound long and arduous but it’s not. I would say that this workflow is so efficient that it renders the need for a datalink between Chief and TM, moot. 
If you watch how datalink works with Archicad and Revit for TM you’ll see it’s virtually the same procedure but disguised with fancy buttons.