editable text on sheet 0 on layout

madcowscarnival

Is it possible to place an editable text box on sheet 0 of the layout?  Currently I just copy and paste in place the text sheet by sheet (for instance a descriptor of that sheet, foundation, floor, second, etc.).  My plan sets are small, and its not a big deal, but it would make things more convenient.  Something like an attribute block in AutoCad.

Also, is there a method to align the plan file placement between sheets.  When I send a sheet to layout, the width around the actual drawing is usually much larger, and I don't need the detail/section arrows for elevations.  So I manually trim the frame, then shift the drawing to about the center of the sheet.  I can't think of any really good way to align between foundation, main, and second floor.  Also, not important but searching these generic terms doesn't return good results.

To align your layout boxes/floors, set one up  so it is centered and then copy and paste the layout box to the next sheet and the open the Layout Box DBX and adjust the Plan View or Floor or Annotation Set.  If you are not using Annotation Sets or Plan Views you can open the Layer Display Options and change the Layer set.

On Page 0 I use the %layout.title% and %layout.label% macros so that the Layout Page Information I fill out for the Project Browser display also populates my layout sheets.  It is fairly basic but works well if you set it up as a template with most of your commonly used pages or everything you can imagine using and then delete the ones that are not appropriate for the project.

Joe has some fancy macro's that read his plan information and he sends his information to layout from the plan file.

Hope that helps some.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, madcowscarnival said:

I can't think of any really good way to align between foundation, main, and second floor.

Adding a Point on Sheet Zero , and then using Point to Point Move for one specific Corner of the House , should line them up sheet to sheet fairly well.

You could also add the Point with Copy Paste > Hold Position on the other Sheets...... once you have Floor 1 positioned where you want it, then add the point to a corner and then C&P it to the other Sheets using Hold position.

M.

For my Plan Views I use 4 point markers that correspond to the corners of my drawing sheet (same size as the layout sheet) so that when I send to layout the plans automatically are aligned sheet to sheet.  This works for all floors and all disciplines.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, madcowscarnival said:

I can't think of any really good way to align between foundation, main, and second floor.

I personally almost never send more than one plan view to layout.  Once I send the first one, I simply select it, Copy it, and then Paste Hold Position to the next page.  I then change the Plan View, Floor, Layer Set, etc. to whatever I want it to be for that layout box using the Open Object button or the Layout Box Layers button.  I then repeat for the next page.  Easy peasy and no alignment necessary.