3d Text

Tricia

I need to create a sign on an exterior commercial building, which will consist of a logo and text. This needs to be seen in both 3d and elevation views. I have created the logo, but don't' know how to make the text show up on the signs. When I close out the elevation, the text is lost. The text needs to be MS Reference Sans Serif, size 10. The text included in my library does not comply to the company's logo established logo design. If there is no work around on this problem, suggestions on where to purchase something that is Chief compatible.

'Tricia Solomon

That will be very tricky to do. CA's standard text functions do not support 3D. They do have one 3D text set available in the bonus catalogs but it just seems to be some generic block type text.

Not sure but maybe sketch-up might allow you to design the text portion and then you could import it into CA as a symbol.

3 minutes ago, solver said:

If the text itself is flat and not raised from the surface, then make an image of the sign and apply it to the surface.

Much like placing a picture in a frame.

It sounds like she wants it to show in elevations too which means an image file won't really help.

1 hour ago, Tricia said:

The text needs to be MS Reference Sans Serif, size 10.

I can make that for you to build your sign with.  Just send me a PM as I would need a little to cover my time.