2D demonstration of a shed Help

Aamir77

That is a symbol from the library.

Resize it as needed.

What type of 2D drawing do you want - plan, elevation......?

I am not going to do a video as there is plenty of information regarding the production of a 2D drawing.

You will need to do a bit of homework and find out how the program works.

yes, its a symbol though I actually want this symbol's 2d drawing to build it in reality as one of my plans is in process of construction. I want to measure the sizes and angles of steel bars which could form a shuttering source for concrete.

I want someone to assist me in making a CAD plan for this shed as I am going to get this shed built. I am confused about how to measure the steel bar lengths and angles. In CA I just resized the symbol and pasted it on my plan.

Aamir,  Make a copy of your edited Awning and put it in a fresh plan file.  Treat it as it's own structure and document it with elevation views and a Orthographic Top View or the auto generated 2D cad block.  You can make cad detail from view's of each and snap your dimensions to the linework or open the individual lines to check length and even edit the linework if necessary. Compile and send to layout.  The shop will let you know if they have enough info to build it for you I am sure.  Oh and since you are using Chief include an nice 3D perspective rendering so they get the overall concept quickly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DavidJames said:

Double click on the line. 

Or click on the line and do a CTRL+E on your keyboard.  

That is the fixture specification dialog box. How could I read the angles of steel bars upon which the whole structure is made for this awing

On 5/26/2019 at 2:20 AM, Chopsaw said:

Aamir,  Make a copy of your edited Awning and put it in a fresh plan file.  Treat it as it's own structure and document it with elevation views and a Orthographic Top View or the auto generated 2D cad block.  You can make cad detail from view's of each and snap your dimensions to the linework or open the individual lines to check length and even edit the linework if necessary. Compile and send to layout.  The shop will let you know if they have enough info to build it for you I am sure.  Oh and since you are using Chief include an nice 3D perspective rendering so they get the overall concept quickly.

Did you read this post from Chopsaw?

If you are getting the fixture dialog box when you double click or hit ctrl+E, then it looks like you missed a key step in Chopsaw's post. You need to convert the view to a CAD detail. Search help for how to accomplish that. Once its a CAD detail, the entire view is made up of polylines, so you should be able to get the exact length, angle, etc when you double click on a segment.

--Jamie

18 minutes ago, JamesR said:

If you are getting the fixture dialog box when you double click or hit ctrl+E, then it looks like you missed a key step in Chopsaw's post. You need to convert the view to a CAD detail. Search help for how to accomplish that. Once its a CAD detail, the entire view is made up of polylines, so you should be able to get the exact length, angle, etc when you double click on a segment.

--Jamie

Yep. I am missing the part of converting the view into CAD. How to do it in a simple way? 

Looking for a short cut.

I know this is going to sound heartless but it seems clear that you are a complete neophyte to the program.  We all try to help one another here in this forum but when you don't even know the basics of how the program works you are going to have to spend a bit of time going through the beginner video tutorials to learn some basics.  

If then you have some problems I am sure there are a lot of us that will leap to your assistance.  In the meantime, if this is something that you need urgently, I would suggest you hire someone to do the drawings that you need.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aamir77 said:

Yep. I am missing the part of converting the view into CAD. How to do it in a simple way? 

Looking for a short cut.

Take Elevation Views from each side (1) and then convert each Elevation Camera View to a CAD Detail (2) , then add or remove CAD lines and add  Dimensions etc as needed (3) a and b

1.)   image.thumb.png.d595c006f4d776cc2d7e2f661356eefe.png

2.)   image.thumb.png.d025e3995e3e8570ebc32781d5e46ad7.png

3. a image.thumb.png.6cbed8b001b058436730bdb3b1f1f480.png

3.b. image.thumb.png.7afc4aa0d498dfc77c3f728fc4dea52b.png 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Take Elevation Views from each side (1) and then convert each Elevation Camera View to a CAD Detail (2) , then add or remove CAD lines and add  Dimensions etc as needed (3) a and b

Thank you so much, I just logged into the CA Forum and saw your post. Will definitely try it.

14 hours ago, Doug_N said:

I know this is going to sound heartless but it seems clear that you are a complete neophyte to the program.  We all try to help one another here in this forum but when you don't even know the basics of how the program works you are going to have to spend a bit of time going through the beginner video tutorials to learn some basics.  

If then you have some problems I am sure there are a lot of us that will leap to your assistance.  In the meantime, if this is something that you need urgently, I would suggest you hire someone to do the drawings that you need.

You are right at it. I am learning a lot from all of you. Thank you.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:58 AM, Kbird1 said:

Whenever I try to take a cross-section elevation view of the symbol which I copied to a blank new plan, no 3D view appears. Views only appear if I press orthographic full or floor overview buttons whereas pics you uploaded depict that these views should come through cross-section elevation as you encircle in pic #2.  May I be helped a little more?