slow


pokke700
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey,

everything worked quickly open plan eg change color switch from one to the other now suddenly everything will take a very long time when I open a camera view this takes o as long as a minus how is this and what can I do about it

 

greetings Paul

foto traag laden.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have intentionally or unintentional added something that has significantly increased the complexity of your plan. CA now has to do a crazy number of computations to build the 3D model when you open a camera view. Difficult to say exactly what item(s) it is without the plan but I'm wondering what that dark area is right side of exterior wall. Are those maybe hundreds of 3D plants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2019 at 11:49 AM, TheKitchenAbode said:

 

You are very welcome.

 

I'm learning this stuff myself right now but I was under the impression that if you turn off those layers that are effecting the speed while you are working it will speed things up a bit.

True, not true?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

 

I'm learning this stuff myself right now but I was under the impression that if you turn off those layers that are effecting the speed while you are working it will speed things up a bit.

True, not true?

 

Yes, but not in all cases. The 3D Model rebuild, which is likely the most time intensive process can be controlled to a certain extent via the display layer options. However, there appears to be circumstances where CA seems to ignore the display layers and performs a full 3D Model Rebuild. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

 

Yes, but not in all cases. The 3D Model rebuild, which is likely the most time intensive process can be controlled to a certain extent via the display layer options. However, there appears to be circumstances where CA seems to ignore the display layers and performs a full 3D Model Rebuild. 

Got it, thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Got it, thank you

 

You are very welcome. One other thing, the 3D model rebuild is really only applicable for camera views. A plan view is distinctly different, if panning and zooming is starting to slow down then turning off display layers can be highly effective as this will reduce the amount of vector graphics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

 

You are very welcome. One other thing, the 3D model rebuild is really only applicable for camera views. A plan view is distinctly different, if panning and zooming is starting to slow down then turning off display layers can be highly effective as this will reduce the amount of vector graphics.

 

I think the problem comes in when there aren't many or any layers to turn off, eg plants or "fixtures" .... eg this plan below which contains about 30-50 3'x5'  true 3D Grass "Blocks"

 

Be patient if you decide to play with the plan.....

 

 

 

 

 

3D_Grass_Texture_Torture_Test.plan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

 

I think the problem comes in when there aren't many or any layers to turn off, eg plants or "fixtures" .... eg this plan below which contains about 30-50 3'x5'  true 3D Grass "Blocks"

 

Be patient if you decide to play with the plan.....

 

3D_Grass_Texture_Torture_Test.plan

 

I get an error when trying to open this plan.

 

The CAD blocks are the issue, way too complex, they should just be a perimeter outline without all of the internal vector lines. Turning layers off has it's limitations, works fine unless the layer you need to work on is the one that contains the bulk of the plans vector lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

I get an error when trying to open this plan.

 

Hmmmm that's curious , what kind of error? I don't get any....

 

The 3'x5' Block is actually from a Plan someone posted on the Forum a year or two ago , I think they got it from 3D warehouse IIRC and while it does look good in 3D , I think the amount of CAD lines CA has to draw on a Whole Lawn might be what is killing it......pretty much the same as fill a whole Terrain Perimeter with a hatch fill spaced at 1/8".

 

M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

 

Hmmmm that's curious , what kind of error? I don't get any....

 

The 3'x5' Block is actually from a Plan someone posted on the Forum a year or two ago , I think they got it from 3D warehouse IIRC and while it does look good in 3D , I think the amount of CAD lines CA has to draw on a Whole Lawn might be what is killing it......pretty much the same as fill a whole Terrain Perimeter with a hatch fill spaced at 1/8".

 

M.

Tried again and it loaded in.

 

That one is more brutal than my Stress Test P-Solid as it adds a crazy number of surfaces, around 16 million. Now plan panning and zooming are impossible but opening up a camera view takes considerable time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought you might like it  :)

 

It's one of the few plans I have seen that causes all 6 cores on my 5820k to hit 100% ( using CoreTemp 1.12.1) ....going to a 3D overview

 

Once in 3D it is no issue though,  but my GPU hits full boost and stays there while panning around , most CA 3D isn't that intensive.

 

* I cleaned up the plan a bit and reposted it above , but didn't see anything obviously causing any errors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Thought you might like it  :)

 

It's one of the few plans I have seen that causes all 6 cores on my 5820k to hit 100% ( using CoreTemp 1.12.1) ....going to a 3D overview

 

Once in 3D it is no issue though,  but my GPU hits full boost and stays there while panning around , most CA 3D isn't that intensive.

 

Those 6 cores are maxing out all the time, it's just that due to lower complexity the duration is very short so they may only be maxed out for a few milliseconds.

 

Same for my HD620, maxes out when rotating and zooming in 3D. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    30199
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    Bassbud
    Newest Member
    Bassbud
    Joined