Stairwell Questions

DRyeHD

I've been learning CA for about a month and have some challenges on a plan that I cannot figure out.  I have attached a perspective with color markups and the plan.  I would appreciate some input on how to fix these items.

1. Red: The 2nd floor system is 14" trusses.  I cannot figure out how to fill the two indicated areas.

2. Blue: I cannot figure out how to get rid of the stair rail against the wall without losing some of the wall behind.

3. Green: I cannot figure out how to put a cap on this half wall; also there is no ceiling drywall directly above it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

StairPerspMarkup.jpg

Rye_Home.plan

To get the cap on the half wall, open the wall and check "railing" in the wall specification dialogue. Under the "Rail Style" tab select "solid" and your cap should appear. It kinda looks like you used a full height wall and drug it down. That also fixes your drywall issue above it.

• Upvote 1

Rosco2017 and Charles Volz,

Your recommendation about the railing wall did the trick...easy once you know what to change!

CharlesVolz,

The railing suggestion worked.  I thought I had tried this several times.

Solver,

Your observation about top and bottom wall heights is correct.  I'm going to save a copy, read up on the settings you mention, and Reset To Defaults as you suggest.

Thank you all for your input!