Layout Page

katiebits

HELP:

I sent a site plan to layout, changed the scale and it went off the screen. Now my entire layout pages are gone and I cannot seem to get them to zoom back to normal. Is there a magic key combo to do this?

No luck with those. I am way beyond that but it already saved it. A former program I used had a bring back to centre button if this happened, this is frustrating and I am on a tight deadline! Grrr.

Do you recall what it was you entered for scale ?   I can try to reproduce if you like.

P.S.  It is always a good idea to save before printing as I have miss entered scale when doing that and it can crash the program.

For Site Plans, I do a little math ahead of time (before sending to LO) so that I don't have to change the Site Plan scale after sending to LO the first time.  For example, if my Site Plan is going to show a property that is 500' x 500' and I want to use about 12" x 12" of my site plan page for the Site Plan (I use Arch D sheet size typically), then I can see that I will probably want to use 1" = 50' for the Site Plan's scale.  This helps avoid having things sent to LO show up bigger than the page itself and then having to change the scale.  Just an idea to consider that might speed up the process for you.

@ChopsawI don't recall what scale I sent it with. I managed to get it back yesterday and it all worked fine, printed off the pages, saved and carried on. I have just opened the layout this morning and it's right back to where it was yesterday...nothing on the screen and I cannot get it to zoom into the screen. I used to use Vectorworks and it allowed us to bring everything back with one click, I wish this had this or I wish someone knew how to do it. Frustrating.

The is no "Center View" Key perse and unfortunately Fill Window and Fill Window Building Only don't always work/help in all Situations ie if it is HUGE then the window will fill and try to show everything in the Plan , which maybe centered but you could be so far from center as to not see the highlighted center handle ie you could be 6000ft up as I discovered in a 3D camera view recently and couldn't see the house or Terrain below.

Did you try a Plan from the Archives Folder ? hopefully you have Autosave and Archive saves set up in preferences....

M.

image.thumb.png.3e6c9f71dabf06c85808b2889fb5dc33.png