Why do things keep moving, changing and disappearing?

CElder

I'm getting really frustrated that I'm repeating a lot of work because of things this program does that my old program didn't.  Most recently, I un-mulled all the windows in an entire home so I could change the size and grille patterns.  When I went to look over my changes, I noticed a bunch of my window center dimensions were missing.  It's like they disappeared when I exploded the windows.

I also have trouble keeping my wall intersections from changing when I've set them so that the materials show correctly.

There are other things but I'll limit my questions to those for now.

There has to be something I'm doing wrong.  Can anyone tell me how to make that stop happening?

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I un-mulled all the windows in an entire home".

How did you mull them in the first place?

You can't mull windows in different walls, so you must have done something else.

You can either select all the windows in the plan (various methods to do that) and change them all at once, or you may be able to change all the windows at once by changing the window defaults.

You would need to explain in more detail about the wall junctions - what are you doing when they change?

You may not have the correct wall definitions in the first place so that the junctions build correctly.

It is only in limited cases that you need to change the wall junctions.                 

I bet if you posted a plan which displayed the above problems someone here can guide you with solutions as it sounds to me like thee are easily avoidable problems and are not normal Chief behaviour. 

8 hours ago, glennw said:

I bet if you posted a plan which displayed the above problems someone here can guide you with solutions as it sounds to me like thee are easily avoidable problems and are not normal Chief behaviour. 

On 5/14/2019 at 7:56 PM, CElder said:

I'm getting really frustrated that I'm repeating a lot of work because of things this program does that my old program didn't.  Most recently, I un-mulled all the windows in an entire home so I could change the size and grille patterns.  When I went to look over my changes, I noticed a bunch of my window center dimensions were missing.  It's like they disappeared when I exploded the windows.

I also have trouble keeping my wall intersections from changing when I've set them so that the materials show correctly.

There are other things but I'll limit my questions to those for now.

There has to be something I'm doing wrong.  Can anyone tell me how to make that stop happening?

When you un-mull a window Chief loses its dimension extension attachment to that window. It keeps the dimension and extension but inserts a point marker (cross) in place of where it was originally snapping to your window.

You have to adjust the extension by dragging it and resnapping it to the window. You’ll know you’ve succeeded when the point marker disappears. 

It’s a pain but I can’t blame Chief on this one. A mulled window is a different object after all.  I’m thankful Chief allows us to mull windows to create limitless window styles on the fly. 

In most other softwares you have to redesign the window from the ground up.