Layout Page Fill Window (Zoom Extents)

Jarr3tt88

Hello All,

I have an issue where in layout view, if I try to use the fill window button to show the entire page, it will only show half of the layout page. Anyone know how to fix this? It happens randomly, and once a file is "infected" it won't stop doing this. My template file works fine, then it stops working sometimes.

I currently use X8 version. Thank you in advance for any help!

You may have a view that was sent to layout where the viewport (layout box) is larger than your layout. Be sure it fits with in the layout. You may also have something on page 0 that was sent outside the layout box. To check, go to a few pages including page 0 and click outside the layout box and see if you have an empty layout box. If so, delete it.

The only other thing I could suggest would be to make a folder and put all associated plan files, layout files and associated images that are in the layout in that folder. Zip the folder and post it here or you can email it to me and I'll look at it.

I also meant to tell you to open a new layout, do a fill screen and see if everything is fine. If okay, resend a plan view to the layout. Now select the view in the layout and see how the layout box (viewport) looks. If it's way out of the layout view then generally there's something in the plan that's away from your structure or your sending it at too large a scale which you should also get a message box from Chief. Do a fill screen and see if the fill screen does okay. If not, then there is probably something going on with your plan view.