New X11 update Today

Joe_Carrick

Some great new fixes, including R-Value attribute for Wall Cavities.

I'm going to start doing this and including it in my elevation wall labels.  

Actually the list of fixes & improvements for X11 in today's update is really nice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavidJames said:

Looked all OVER the place for that - thanks.

''2.6 CAD Objects • Restored “Angle Hatch” and “Grid” to the list of Fill Style selections."

WHAT? I LOVE it!!!

Very nice list of improvements...

The only upgrade I’m looking for is for elevation and cross section views to snap, dimension and locate elements just like they do in a cad detail view. 

We shouldn’t need to create a cad detail from view in order to locate an object or snap to an item. 

The storypole has helped with some of that though. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

The only upgrade I’m looking for is for elevation and cross section views to snap, dimension and locate elements just like they do in a cad detail view. 

We shouldn’t need to create a cad detail from view in order to locate an object or snap to an item. 

The storypole has helped with some of that though. 

Funny - I was thinking about this just a couple days ago. Revit operates in this fashion and it's absolutely wonderful. 

Do you know if this has ever been suggested in the suggestions forum? If not, you should create a post.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DavidJames said:

Do you know if this has ever been suggested in the suggestions forum? If not, you should create a post.  

Yes suggested, work around being that you can pull an elevation into your model since it is live, snap to whatever you need to snap to, and then pull your camera outside of the model and it will retain it's CAD

3 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Hey Chief,

thanks for restoring the lost hatch patterns. You have Hatch, Vertical and Hatch (no designation) is for horizontal hatch which is easy enough to remember would be better if labeled Hatch, Horizontal. No big. bB

VERY much appreciated....

2 minutes ago, EconBlueprints said:

Where's the download?  

When you open X11 (if you haven't already updated) you should get the usual message about a newer version (update of X11), at least I did.  If not go to your digital locker and go from there.

Open X11 and go to Help> Download Program Updates...    then you also have access the update notes.

It should work the other way but unfortunately does not and confuses a lot of people.

Anyone having issues with your reference display defaulting back to the default "reference layer display" set? I made changes to it, save, close out of the drawing, get back in the drawing and it resets to its default color, line weights and colors....

Ive saved a new reference display layer set, saved the drawing, got back it and my saved set didn't save and it changes back to "reference layer display" 

This starting happening after I updated last night.

• 1 month later...

Hello there, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm missing (as far as I know) the "Fill patterns" that should be included in the Core Catalogs. I do have the software installed (CAX11) in 2 different licences, and the other seat happens to have the full update, but not the other one. Any suggestions? Thanks.