how do i make notes appear with one no on mult elevations

dskogg

I am using notes for the first time, when i add them to one elevation they appear 1,2,3,etc, when i copy and paste notes table to another elevation they become

one decimal place and are mixed up...what am i missing.

i want to use the same notes on each elevation and have the notes table appear on each elevation.

note sched on one elev.JPG

note sched on two elev.JPG

Edited by dskogg
wrong type of attachment

Not really sure it was designed for that purpose but you could try sending the same schedule to layout multiple times and use dummy callouts for your duplicates.  Or if you are not using other note schedules in your plan you could use the "Note Types"  which we should be able to customize by X12

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not really sure it was designed for that purpose but you could try sending the same schedule to layout multiple times and use dummy callouts for your duplicates.  Or if you are not using other note schedules in your plan you could use the "Note Types"  which we should be able to customize by X12

I am really confused....so if we want the same label on each elevation we would need to write it out every time for all 4 elevations...is this really true?

38 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I am really confused....so if we want the same label on each elevation we would need to write it out every time for all 4 elevations...is this really true?

1. Make an elevation note type "front elevation" and "rear elevation " etc.

2. Drop note schedule on front camera elevation to include only note types "front elevation"

3. Place Notes on front elevation. Use the marquee Select Similar tool to select all Notes. Also select your note schedule. ctrl+c to copy

4. Go to your rear elevation and Ctrl+v paste

5. Change all note types on rear elevation to type "rear elevation ". Go to your rear elevation's schedule and uncheck front elevation type notes and select rear elevation type notes.

Alternatively you can send a snippet of just your note schedule to your layout

17 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

1. Make an elevation note type "front elevation" and "rear elevation " etc.

2. Drop note schedule on front camera elevation to include only note types "front elevation"

3. Place Notes on front elevation. Use the marquee Select Similar tool to select all Notes. Also select your note schedule. ctrl+c to copy

4. Go to your rear elevation and Ctrl+v paste

5. Change all note types on rear elevation to type "rear elevation ". Go to your rear elevation's schedule and uncheck front elevation type notes and select rear elevation type notes.

Alternatively you can send a snippet of just your note schedule to your layout

Thanks Rene.. seems like it should be much easier than this..

Every building has at least 4 elevations.. ca sure didn’t figure this out very well if their intent was to make notes easy to use for contract docs!!

come one chief fix this...

• Downvote 1

• 2 years later...
49 minutes ago, DONWEILER1 said:

HI DS. DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT A WAY TO DO THIS. I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING THE NOTE SYSTEM IF IT CANT BE COPIED FROM LELVATION TO ELEVATION ... RIDICULOUS TO SAY THE LEAST !!!

1.) Please start a new post with more details of what you are having a hard time with.

2.) All Caps is generally considered yelling and is most likely going to get your post passed by.

3.) Notes are extremely powerful and the general consensus of best practices is to copy your notes from elevation to elevation but place your single Note Schedule in a cad detail and send it to layout as needed on each elevation page.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...