Transfer chief files

Moose13

Hi everyone and happy Friday!! I transferred my Chief X2 to a new computer from Chiefs website. I’m not a computer wiz by any means and need to know the best/easiest way to transfer all my files. 

Please help and don’t pick on me.......lol!!

1 hour ago, Moose13 said:

Well........I did what the link above said and now I don’t see my tools within the tool bars. The tool bars are blank. Any ideas?

Missing toolbars folder ? did you migrate it?

M.

14 minutes ago, Moose13 said:

Yes. That’s located in the Data folder and I see the info within. 

If you are sure the Info is all there in the Data Folder> toolbars     the only other option I can think of is to use the Reset Toolbars Option in Preferences, assuming X2 has it?   though that would return all toolbars back to the standard OOB Toolbars and you'll lose any customisations you had previously.

image.thumb.png.49053297cec821acbf3ff3c07d90996e.png

48 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

If you are sure the Info is all there in the Data Folder> toolbars     the only other option I can think of is to use the Reset Toolbars Option in Preferences, assuming X2 has it?   though that would return all toolbars back to the standard OOB Toolbars and you'll lose any customisations you had previously.

image.thumb.png.49053297cec821acbf3ff3c07d90996e.png

I did see that. I was hoping someone on here knew what happened before I went that route. Thx !!

1 minute ago, Moose13 said:

I did see that. I was hoping someone on here knew what happened before I went that route. Thx !!

Normally if you copy the toolbars folder over from a usb drive or some other way into the new Data folder , Chief picks up everything on a restart.

If you delete or rename the Toolbars folder Chief will build a new one from Defaults , which is all the reset button does I believe.

M.

7 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Normally if you copy the toolbars folder over from a usb drive or some other way into the new Data folder , Chief picks up everything on a restart.

If you delete or rename the Toolbars folder Chief will build a new one from Defaults , which is all the reset button does I believe.

M.

I figured that was going to happen too. I may just pay the $125 and call their support Monday. 

9 minutes ago, Moose13 said:

I figured that was going to happen too. I may just pay the $125 and call their support Monday. 

The Default folder is in the C:\Programs Folder (Below) , chief just deletes the one in My Documents and replaces it with a copy of the one in the folder below..... ( hence the loss of customisation)

might look a bit different for X2 and depending on which windows version you are on...but mine is at :

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X11 (64 bit)\Toolbars

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

The Default folder is in the C:\Programs Folder (Below) , chief just deletes the one in My Documents and replaces it with a copy of the one in the folder below..... ( hence the loss of customisation)

might look a bit different for X2 and depending on which windows version you are on...but mine is at :

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X11 (64 bit)\Toolbars

Ok. I’ll take a look when I get home. Thx for the help!!