Line Weight No Effect

SaeidA

The line weight field has no effect when drawing a simple CAD line.  It doesn't seem to matter what number I enter for line weight, they always appear to be the same thin line.  I understand the number represents 100ths of inches or mm, but in either case, whatever number entered has no effect on the displayed line.

Didn't see any bug reports, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong.  Any ideas?

I'm using Chief Architect Premier x10 on a windows laptop. 

29 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

I'm having this issue too. I guess it's a bug? All lineweights are the same even in the wall type later dbx.

Not seeing it in X10 or X11.  Maybe you should compare video driver versions.  If that is not it I have no idea where to go with that problem.  Maybe try and toggle it in Preferences> Appearance> "Show Line Weights" if you want it on all the time.

5 hours ago, justmejerry said:

Are they legacy plans or HD plans? Could cause the issue perhaps. There is another recent post about line weights that mentions this.

I'm currently working on a project that was created from a homeowner using HD. I will look for that post, thanks.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:55 AM, justmejerry said:

Are they legacy plans or HD plans? Could cause the issue perhaps. There is another recent post about line weights that mentions this.

Can you point me to this? I couldn't find the post.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:56 PM, Chopsaw said:

If you want to see the line weights on screen while you are working toggle on line weights 762003719_LineWeightstool.JPG.c88b448055f0ca72edc8def8a72b1110.JPG or print preview. 2069098986_PrintPreviewtool.JPG.6d5eba0007467a5e74e47ae2ae1bb6f0.JPG

That was indeed the problem.  I went all over the documentation, but couldn't readily find out about this toggle.  I assume it's there somewhere.  Thank you Chopsaw.