Change insertion point of 2d Symbol?

Renerabbitt

@Chopsaw crazy enough I was actually aware of one of Michael's methods for a change, but hoping for some sort of offset setting.. using his method scales the 2d image to be pretty small if using it in a legend with scaling...because it effectively increases the size of the 2d symbol

2 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

hoping for some sort of offset setting..

Yes you can use the Symbol Offset settings to align things that Michael briefly noted in the video introduction.  Not aware of all of the issues with using that method but they will likely show themselves as you are working through it.  I think it is just more work than most people are willing to do.  Possibly @Alaskan_Son would be able to elaborate on the issues.

48 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

can't we just use the cad block insertion point tool to set a new insertion point for a cad block for that ?

Only if you are using a cad block and not the 2D cad block that is associated with the symbol as far a I know.  Insertion points do not carry over to the symbol but it sure would be great if they did.  Would make a great suggestion unless you can demonstrate that it works.  It would certainly resolve the three bladed fan issue.

17 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Only if you are using a cad block and not the 2D cad block that is associated with the symbol as far a I know.  Insertion points do not carry over to the symbol but it sure would be great if they did.  Would make a great suggestion unless you can demonstrate that it works.  It would certainly resolve the three bladed fan issue.

This is correct.  Insertion points don't carry over when used as the 2D Block for a symbol.  Also, just a quick tip for you guys...

• I found a better way to offset CAD Blocks than the one I used in the video above.  Use an empty text box instead.  The text box can be 0"x0" even if you want, but it's really not necessary usually.  The results will not print the little dot that my other method did.  Used for this particular GFCI example (the CAD Block itself is the one on the upper right)...

1084544591_Pic1.thumb.png.166a71e65913042ee4ccfc0c27b8da8f.png288136574_Pic2.thumb.png.ba5b7f19fd12389d0ceeff16ae0656de.png

• Upvote 1