Rotate around a specific point, while zoomed in?

madcowscarnival

Is there a rotate function similar to point to point move?  I have CAD lines from a site plan imported in and blocked together,  I need to rotate the site plan block to align with the house, basically horizontal rather than the line's actual bearing.  I can get close with the edit handles but would like to be more precise.  Such as, if I place the corner of the setbacks at the corner of roof, can I rotate the block around that specific point?  Or can I rotate the block from some bearing line and snap it to 0 degrees?  In CAD this would be a reference then snap to ortho.  I can't figure out how to phrase a question for this search.

1 hour ago, madcowscarnival said:

can I rotate the block around that specific point?

For anyone that finds this thread, you can always place a CAD point:

CAD/Points/Place Point-

cadpoint.png.f1a13e080148424e45d0562cf02270c0.png

and then Edit/Edit Behaviors/Enable Rotate/Resize About Current Point-

togglerotcenter.png.20ea92fa38f8cecaca9e48fa4489c053.png

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is what you're after, but to get a site survey perfectly parallel to a house, once I have the survey drawn (imported in your case) I select the line I want to be parallel to the house, open it, highlight and copy its angle, then select the entire survey, open transform/replicate, and paste that angle into the angle command. Sometimes I have to rotate the survey 90° one way or the other, but this method aligns them perfectly.

I am talking off the top of my head here as I don't have access to Chief at the moment.

This may or may not help your particular situation.

There is a option with Make Parallel, to rotate the selected line, or rotate the whole poly line.

I think you access the option by double clicking the Make Parallel tool.

That’s as best as I remember.

Saves entering angles etc.