Spiral Stairs

K80Guy

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot but does anyone have any insight into spiral stairs.  I'm working on a project that I want to put a set of spiral stairs leading from the main floor deck to the lower level walk-out.  Customer doesn't want traditional stairs due to their size and they don't want to ruin the look.  I've looked through tutorials but mostly talks about using the 3D spiral set in the catalog.

Thanks for the help or information.

I usually just use the symbol from the library and manipulate to look the best in 3D, then use a detail to give the specifics. I use this spiral stair calculator to speed things up.

There were some great posts I believe in the old ChiefTalk site by Yusuf which may be this one (part 1) and this one (part 2) and this one (part 3).

[EDIT] Or.., call Joe.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know how to make them perfectly using Chief's tools but it's way too complicated to describe in a post. I'd jump all over Joe's offer, unless you work for under $10/hour:) and don't mind spending a whole day on it! You'd feel like a genius when all you have to do is import a perfectly fitting symbol!

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, K80Guy said:

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot but does anyone have any insight into spiral stairs.  I'm working on a project that I want to put a set of spiral stairs leading from the main floor deck to the lower level walk-out.  Customer doesn't want traditional stairs due to their size and they don't want to ruin the look.  I've looked through tutorials but mostly talks about using the 3D spiral set in the catalog.

Thanks for the help or information.

There are dozens here...........

3D Warehouse Collection of Spiral Staircases

Some are pretty clunky, but you might find the style you 

want as a reference for someone  to build on.