PBR: what it uses if you have sun angles

cv2702

I may be behind the curve, but I just realized this:  I had sun angles defined (6 actually).  When I started a PBR, it would apparently use the current sun angle instead of the generic sun; this would produce the proverbial greenish tint for interiors, since, in my case, I had lots of greenery outside.  Once I deleted the sun angles, the PBR seemed to use the generic sun (with follow the sun) and the greenish tint was gone.  I am pretty sure it was now using the generic sun since I could see the sun following the camera as the PBR rolled.

Two questions:

Is the behavior I am seeing (which sun selected during PBR) correct?

I haven't upgraded to X11 yet and I see X11 gives us more control over PBR.  What does X11 allow us to customize? 

From my understanding if nothing is checked CA will default to use the defined sun angle if one exist, If not it will use the generic sun. You do not have to actually delete the cad sun angle if you want the generic one, just open the sun DBX and check the generic one you want.

I have not noticed any changes related to PBR between X10 and X11. I believe they did some tweaking but there are no new controls or features.

For the interior renders with PBR, use a sun angle if the sun accuracy matters for your scene.  In the sun setting for that angle (or the generic sun), try turning the intensity down, say 25K.  And, set the color of the sun – white?

Also in the PBR settings try adjusting the camera exposure (.3) and the brightness (50) – settings that you think look best.

pbr.png

On 4/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, TheKitchenAbode said:

From my understanding if nothing is checked CA will default to use the defined sun angle if one exist, If not it will use the generic sun. You do not have to actually delete the cad sun angle if you want the generic one, just open the sun DBX and check the generic one you want.

I have not noticed any changes related to PBR between X10 and X11. I believe they did some tweaking but there are no new controls or features.

The few tests I have done seem to indicate that, regardless of what i have defined as default for "3D/Lighting/adjust sunlight", for walkthroughs, CA will chose a sun angle; it seems it uses the first defined sun angle.

I just wish we could more precisely define the lighting environment for walkthroughs (lights, sun, etc.).