How to rotate Drawing Sheet in Plan View

Michael_Gia

In, Drawing Sheet Setup, in the File menu, I often like to “Show Drawing Sheet in View” checked  (☑️)

This way I get a sense of how stuff will ultimately show when sending to layout. 

Is there a way to rotate the sheet in plan view?

For some plans the views are rotated in layout to fit on the sheet properly. I’m hoping to have a more WYSIWYG experience. 

If not then, I would definitely post in suggestions. I would love if the way you place things in plan view are linked to how where they will display on your layout.  Saves a step and makes you think before you place dimensions and other items. 

Trying to understand but I don't think I get that behavior here. Whichever way the plan is rotated that seems to be the way it gets sent to Layout. Are you saying it's inconsistent?

Isn't it easier to rotate the plan in plan view, instead of the sheet? Might be missing something....

Do to drawing sheet setup, switch it to Portrait from Landscape. You'll have to do it in Layout view as well.

Another way is to go up to Tools > Plan View > Rotate Plan View, which rotates your actual model. I always do it this way as I feel it is the more 'correct' way to build a model, even though that may just be my bias.

43 minutes ago, kylejmarsh said:

Another way is to go up to Tools > Plan View > Rotate Plan View, which rotates your actual model.

To help clarify its function, I always tell people that this is just like rotating your drawing board so to speak.   EVERYTHING gets rotated when you use that tool, the model, the text, the grid, the axis...everything.  Its like taking your piece of paper and spinning it around on the table in front of you.  It doesn't change a single thing about your plan or your model...only your perspective.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

I think I like the portrait view for my drawing sheet that way my plan is oriented the way I like to work on it. 

All that's left is for Chief to make this send to layout as I see it in plan view...

Create a new template that displays in portrait orientation?

• Upvote 1