Extend upper shed roof along wall as overhang

DRyeHD

11 minutes ago, DRyeHD said:

I'm trying to find out how to extend the upper part of the first floor shed roof on the outside second story wall for an overhang.  Any suggestions?

MonitorRoofOverhang.jpg

With the '3' key or the break roof plane tool, place a break in the roof plane at the wall and drag the roof up along the wall.

Thanks so much.  I'm learning.  Dragging the roof plane caused the outside 2nd floor wall to disappear (maybe there's a way to prevent that).  I was able to break and drag the roof plane where I needed it.

MonitorRoofOverhangFix.jpg

45 minutes ago, DRyeHD said:

Thanks so much.  I'm learning.  Dragging the roof plane caused the outside 2nd floor wall to disappear (maybe there's a way to prevent that).  I was able to break and drag the roof plane where I needed it.

MonitorRoofOverhangFix.jpg

The first rule of Chief's roofs is they cut walls...and ChopSaw above knew the fix but may not have understood the question...

8 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

ChopSaw above knew the fix but may not have understood the question...

Yes thanks for jumping in there Larry as I initially thought we were going the other direction.

4 minutes ago, DRyeHD said:

So I understand correctly, you are saying anything touching a wall effects the wall?

Yes there are a lot of automatic features in chief to try to understand.  Wall settings can control a roof but roofs will automatically terminate a wall.