Wall Framing - Height Issue

kylejmarsh

Having an issue with wall framing height. Never had this before and have recently upgraded to X11, so wondering if it's operatior error or the program, etc. Anyway here goes:

1648380658_ScreenShot2019-04-18at12_13_18PM.thumb.png.cf25fcdb18179d5133bed7ec339f4b17.png

This shows exactly what happens. The wall framing does not go up to support the plate height.

Have checked the following to no avail:

Verified ceiling height was accurate

Wall is marked 'baloon through ceiling above' so we're not talking about a hidden attic wall messing this up - the wall actually does go up to the rafter - just the framing does not.

Any insights?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JuliaW
    Newest Member
    JuliaW

• By ACADuser
      Creating a Header schedule I select one row & click the "Find Object in Plan" which takes me to the wall frame view instead of the plan view.
      Do I have a setting off or is this normal?

• By Emma04
      I use Chief architect pro x14. Is there a way to lock wall length once done with imputing all your walls? Every time I try and use the room divider tool my wall always changes lengths; I thinks its just because of the angle I watched a video on how to fix it and was just wondering if there an option to lock your walls from the dimensions changing and not just being able to select them because of the active layer display . I'm new to Chief architect and when I used Revit it had a lock constraint next to the dimensions line, so I never had this problem before. Does Chief Architect not have this as a feature?
    • By KRosen
      So I'm trying to get my rafter ends to show up like so (please ignore the rafter tails for all intent and purposes). I've tried adjusting the birdsmouth settings to get the desired result but no matter what I do, I can't get the seat cut. I can only get a plumb cut or a square cut, and the plumb cut is going through the floor and walls. Can someone please help, because this is driving me crazy! (also the steeper roof pitch is 25":12")

• By PJS-59
      I have a question on creating wall caps.
      I have a plan with 12" Concrete Wall w/ 2" interior drywall for the basement exterior walls. 
      The 1st floor has 6" Siding exterior walls.
      I have a U-Shaped stairs from basement to 1st floor in back left corner.
      I want to place a wall cap over exposed basement wall where basement meets 1st floor in stair well.
      How do I handle this?  I can't find in documentation anywhere.

Sample 3D Picture with red arrow where I want "wall cap".

• By Doug_N
      This post moved to suggestions.