Transfering from 1 Chief user to another

SunBearTinyHomes

Good evening all, I have a weird problem, I was working with an "experienced" Chief designer, I designed a small home (terribly) and I hired this person to fix my mistakes. He made the changes and sent the Project back to me in a zip file. I unzipped this file and now I'm having the hardest time importing it back into my Chief. I am working off of the latest x11 version and He is as well. 

I first would like to know if I am importing this correctly "file" "import drawing DXF" from the CA main top bar. The Designer that I previously hired is "out of town". SMH 

Please help 

Thank you,

Brian 

Thank you for responding Solver. I am not sure that this is what he gave me. Looks as if I have to wait for him to return. The zipped file he gave me (now unzipped) has a few dozen files in it that look to be textures and items used in Chief. When I go to import or open, CA asks me what file I want to open. 

Again, I appreciate your help. This appears to be a simple issue, however I'm having the hardest time with it. 

Ok, this is embarrassing

First; thank you dshall, I found the plan file, new issue. I am prompted to update my version as it is outdated apparently. I have gone to my CA account and downloaded the update for 2020 and loaded it previously. Restarted my computer and my files still show 2019. Is there something I am missing? 

I understand that there is a lot of information that I am missing here, forgive me. I simply went to CA website, logged in, went to my account page and followed the prompts to upgrade to the latest version. The download looked to install successfully, I restarted my Mac and the icons are still showing 2019. When I turned on my computer (after said install) I was asked to use my product key, I did and the prompt went away. Still not updated. 

51 minutes ago, SunBearTinyHomes said:

Ok, this is embarrassing

First; thank you dshall, I found the plan file, new issue. I am prompted to update my version as it is outdated apparently. I have gone to my CA account and downloaded the update for 2020 and loaded it previously. Restarted my computer and my files still show 2019. Is there something I am missing? 

I understand that there is a lot of information that I am missing here, forgive me. I simply went to CA website, logged in, went to my account page and followed the prompts to upgrade to the latest version. The download looked to install successfully, I restarted my Mac and the icons are still showing 2019. When I turned on my computer (after said install) I was asked to use my product key, I did and the prompt went away. Still not updated. 

I think you have downloaded the 2020 update only but it does not install automatically , you need to Run the Installer  ( .dmg file on MAC i believe)

Hopefully your "Designer" saved the File knowing you were using 2020 and not X11 or you won't be able to edit it.... till he resaves it for you or you post the plan so someone can do it for you.

M.

11 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Hopefully your "Designer" saved the File knowing you were using 2020 and not X11 or you won't be able to edit it.... till he resaves it for you or you post the plan so someone can do it for you.

What Mick is alluding to here is that there is a special setting in the Premier version (X11) that has to be checked in order for the file to be usable in the Home Designer software versions.  Its really easy to forget to check that.  It's also possible that whoever was helping you didn't know you were using a Home Designer product.  Either way, someone who uses the Premier version may have to open the plan file for you and then re-save it with that setting checked.