Terrain Display and Printing

RodCole

I was wondering if anyone else sees this the same way I do, and if so are there any good fixes for this.

What I am refering to is the representation of Terrain in both the 3D overview and when it is printed.  There is enough highlighting in the 3D overview to get an idea of what the Terrain will look like, but when printed the contrast is almost nonexistant.

I have successfully exported the Terrain model out of CA and converted it into a solid.  Then imported it back into CA, and it does show a little better, but not anywhere near what I would like.

It does help to visualize the Terrain by placing Library or other Objects on the Terrain surface.  But, on larger tracts of land this is not always desired.  I have also been experimenting with slicing the Terrain into layers, like you would see in a cardboard model.  But that is not always desireable either.  Very cool for certain effects, but just not for everything.

Just curious what others have to say about this, and if they have some kind of hopefully simple solution.