Point to point multiple copy

sjalheim

I've tried looking for this; I'd like to copy an item multiple times, but using a selection point away from the object. If I select the object, click copy, click Sticky Mode, then Point to Point Move, I can get the first item to copy as I want it. Subsequent copies default to the center of the copied object (and therefore the insertion point is changed). Am I missing a command stroke here? I don't want to array or offset as the insertion points are random. (Example: I have multiple windows and a polyline solid, custom lintel I need to attach to each window. The object is the lintel, the selection point is the midpoint of the windows).

Thanks, all. :)

I do have hot keys assigned; basically do a copy in place (c), move point to point (m), but I have to click for every move. Rather click and just slap slap slap 'em into place (ala Autocad basically).

I have a lintel like this: 

ks110pic.jpg and I didn't think I could emulate that in the dbx.

6 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Perhaps a custom lintel as a symbol in your library?

Ah, a symbol is a good idea! Unfortunately this is what I ended up with. Might try to play with it. I'd still like to multiple copy point to point however ;)

Screenshot 2019-04-17 10.26.02.png

I've done some similar as Millwork above casing. Takes a bit to sort out the symbol origins-easiest in 3D. Once I had one sorted; added to library then replace from since there was more than one thing going on with each window.

window.png

9 hours ago, sjalheim said:

Ah, a symbol is a good idea! Unfortunately this is what I ended up with. Might try to play with it. I'd still like to multiple copy point to point however ;)

Screenshot 2019-04-17 10.26.02.png

Seem to work pretty well once made into a symbol , the centering tool easily centers it on the window.

Sill and Lintel are both Custom Moulding Profiles saved to the Library and applied to the Window. Made the keystone in an elevation View , Blocked the two Pieces and then "save selected as symbol" , once in Library Open symbol and set height to absolute and 80" (standard window top Height off floor) to the bottom.

image.thumb.png.2301480c5bfca86a87ec7bae3d461bad.png

• Like 1