Stamping of Plans

JPBDesign

I have design a remodel on my home--I want to add a second story to the house.  I did the plans in Chief Architect.  I then gave the plans to a structural engineer to add his information and stamp the plans.  Originally, he said he knew and had the Chief Architect program.  However, it turned out he had a very back level of Chief.  At first, he was working with me by marking up the pages and I would put the changes into chief.  Then when we were almost done he decided the plans had to be put into AutoCad.  So now some of the plans pages are in AutoCad and some are in Chief.  I am trying to get the plans into the county for permitting but they are telling me that the plans are missing Design Pressures, uploads, etc.  I talked to a Window Company today and I believe the Structural Engineer is just putting in the max numbers to get rid of the project.  But the max numbers will cause higher costs in the construction, as I understand.  I am looking for an Architect that will work with me and Chief to generally help me get the design through permitting.   I am in Lake Worth, FL Palm Beach County.  I am almost ready to give up on the project because of all the issues I have encounter and I haven't even started the construction. 

2 hours ago, JPBDesign said:

I have design a remodel on my home--I want to add a second story to the house.  I did the plans in Chief Architect.  I then gave the plans to a structural engineer to add his information and stamp the plans.  Originally, he said he knew and had the Chief Architect program.  However, it turned out he had a very back level of Chief.  At first, he was working with me by marking up the pages and I would put the changes into chief.  Then when we were almost done he decided the plans had to be put into AutoCad.  So now some of the plans pages are in AutoCad and some are in Chief.  I am trying to get the plans into the county for permitting but they are telling me that the plans are missing Design Pressures, uploads, etc.  I talked to a Window Company today and I believe the Structural Engineer is just putting in the max numbers to get rid of the project.  But the max numbers will cause higher costs in the construction, as I understand.  I am looking for an Architect that will work with me and Chief to generally help me get the design through permitting.   I am in Lake Worth, FL Palm Beach County.  I am almost ready to give up on the project because of all the issues I have encounter and I haven't even started the construction. 

You have posted this in the Suggestions forum, which is where you would suggest ideas for how chief architect could be improved.  You will want to post this instead in the Seeking Services forum, where you are more likely to get the responses you are looking for.