Has anyone seen this lap siding texture?

Steve-C

2 hours ago, Steve-C said:

If not is there a way to emulate it in 3D? I've searched the Chief site and they don't seem to have it.

456473656_ScreenShot2019-04-13at9_51_05AM.thumb.png.38764ae9705d9fb8a543c2de4ca63d78.png

You can't really duplicate it in true 3D as the Texture is Flat .......but a normal map helps.... ( unless you get very elaborate with true 3D solids etc)

Playing with CA's White Lapsiding Texture ( Cut and Pasted in Paint )  and making a Normal Map Online , this is what I came up with fairly quickly......

I used the White texture , same as CA does and then used the blend Option to make it grey here ( you can use any colour this way then.) Keep the bumpmap scale low ( 0.001-0.003) if you want smooth siding , higher if you want the Wood texture to show)

image.thumb.png.59aa08ce1ce721af5eef9a1534f7a4ee.png                                                 MHD_LapSiding_1-6.calibz

LapSiding_1-6.zip

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, Kbird1 said:

You can't really duplicate it in true 3D as the Texture is Flat .......but a normal map helps.... ( unless you get very elaborate with true 3D solids etc)

Playing with CA's White Lapsiding Texture ( Cut and Pasted in Paint )  and making a Normal Map Online , this is what I came up with fairly quickly......

I used the White texture , same as CA does and then used the blend Option to make it grey here ( you can use any colour this way then.) Keep the bumpmap scale low ( 0.001-0.003) if you want smooth siding , higher if you want the Wood texture to show)

image.thumb.png.59aa08ce1ce721af5eef9a1534f7a4ee.png                                                 MHD_LapSiding_1-6.calibz

LapSiding_1-6.zip

This is what I love about the forum! Generosity to share your content!

What a blessing!