nVisionTEKBIM

Can Plan Notes Be Assigned in Object Info DBX?

Has anyone found a method to store plan note descriptions in the Object Information properties of objects, so we can simply keynote without having to type the info in on every project? I tried but couldn't figure out a way.

In Revit you can setup the keynote in everything so you just keynote it and done. This allows you to build up your template and save time on new projects. It would be wonderful in Chief if we could do that.

On 4/12/2019 at 2:47 PM, nVisionTEKBIM said:

Has anyone found a method to store plan note descriptions in the Object Information properties of objects, so we can simply keynote without having to type the info in on every project? I tried but couldn't figure out a way.

In Revit you can setup the keynote in everything so you just keynote it and done. This allows you to build up your template and save time on new projects. It would be wonderful in Chief if we could do that.

Yes you can, I abandoned the system for something that was more efficient for my workflow...chek this plan file out:

Auto Notes.plan

It includes some poorly written Macros which were my first attempt at macros, ha