Slow Computer

erinmulhern

Should be fine I'd think, are you talking about 3D views? 

Have you made sure that CA is using the Quadro Card , not the Intel Card? , it is likely 4 x as fast..... but if the Laptop uses Optimus , it may not be switching the cards when it is supposed to as Chief does not supply Nvidia with Profiles, but you can force the Nvidia Driver to use your settings in the Nvidia Control panel>manage 3D settings>add Program>(CA X11-may need to add it to the list) Preferred Card for OpenGL>Nvidia.

image.thumb.png.2aaeeb96af05012b0c70104d0f35c336.png

*** found another post I made on this too....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/17190-inserting-object-from-library-browser-freezes-most-of-the-app/?do=findComment&comment=144430

M.

Thank you. Not just 3d views, even floor plan views. It’s noticeably worse on larger files, and seems to get worse the longer I work in a particular file. I will check out your other comments and follow your advice and see if that helps. I appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, erinmulhern said:

Thank you. Not just 3d views, even floor plan views. It’s noticeably worse on larger files, and seems to get worse the longer I work in a particular file. I will check out your other comments and follow your advice and see if that helps. I appreciate your help.

Ok , I thought you meant 3D but I was also having Slowness Issues for the last few weeks, then I uninstalled the Win10 March Cumulative update (KBxxxx.899) and things were MUCH better , I have since done a InPlace Win10 1809 Install ( saves all current files) with the KB xxxxx899 V2 .Iso from Microsoft and things are much better in X10 and X11.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

M.