Duplex with one side lower

TennVol

Working on a duplex that, due to terrain, the client wants one side 2' lower than the other.  I've drawn one side figuring to duplicate, mirror and lower.  Got the first two done ok, but can't seem to lower the one side.  I have it copied over to the side so I can lower it independently then move it back over using point to point at a common corner.  Tried edit area all floors then move in the Z axis, no luck.  Also tried moving the foundation first via move z axis, then main floor, still not working.  Any ideas? Thanks as always.

14 hours ago, TennVol said:

Working on a duplex that, due to terrain, the client wants one side 2' lower than the other.  I've drawn one side figuring to duplicate, mirror and lower.  Got the first two done ok, but can't seem to lower the one side.  I have it copied over to the side so I can lower it independently then move it back over using point to point at a common corner.  Tried edit area all floors then move in the Z axis, no luck.  Also tried moving the foundation first via move z axis, then main floor, still not working.  Any ideas? Thanks as always.

Not sure if you figured it out but it sounds more or less like a Split Level House situation , so this Tutorial may help you....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00932/creating-a-split-level-structure.html

M.