Ceiling Finish

tantrim

I am generating a MATERIAL LIST for all floors and am noticing that any room that I have created a ceiling plane for the material on the ceiling is not generating? I am certain that each room that has a added ceiling plane has had the build flat ceiling above (OFF) in my section the ceiling is visible. Has anyone had this problem and do you know what I Amy be doing wrong. I would really like the material list to include theses ceilings for a drywall count. 

34 minutes ago, tantrim said:

I am generating a MATERIAL LIST for all floors and am noticing that any room that I have created a ceiling plane for the material on the ceiling is not generating? I am certain that each room that has a added ceiling plane has had the build flat ceiling above (OFF) in my section the ceiling is visible. Has anyone had this problem and do you know what I Amy be doing wrong. I would really like the material list to include theses ceilings for a drywall count. 

without the Plan we are just guessing really , seems to work here.....but you can change the Room's Ceiling Drywall to 3/4" and see if the ML has it listed.....

image.thumb.png.7635da777c4fd376f5c8434dde92b832.png

PS if you have Attic Walls eg on Gable ends , they will have drywall on them too, so best to make a copy of the existing exterior walltype and remove the Drywall from it and then assign it to the Attic walls.

M.

I have tried attaching the plan file but I exceed the size limit the file is 35.7MB. I have even tried creating a 20'x20' room removed the flat ceiling and created a ceiling plane with a 0 pitch, selected material by area and the ceiling does not pull in, I have not checked the roof material and will look to see if it is placing its there?

Well thats where it appears to have populated...in the roof category thats for helping! Now I just need to recategorize it to wallboard. Do you know if there is a way to make that change globally so ceiling material on roof/ceiling planes will populate as a wallboard rather than a roof.

9 minutes ago, tantrim said:

I have tried attaching the plan file but I exceed the size limit the file is 35.7MB. I have even tried creating a 20'x20' room removed the flat ceiling and created a ceiling plane with a 0 pitch, selected material by area and the ceiling does not pull in, I have not checked the roof material and will look to see if it is placing its there?

Try zipping the file 1st , when it's not open in CA or it wont zip....

I think it is only on the roof portion if using a sloped ceiling, ( ie flat ceiling unchecked) not a Ceiling Plane...Eric will need to confirm from his pic....mine ceiling plane DWall is in the Wallboard section above in the pic....or I did it wrong :)

***Try clicking on the ID in the ML and reassign to the Wallboard section...........