Looking for Macros For Sale

nVisionTEKBIM

Hi, I'm looking for some good user macros to make things easier for me, and am willing to consider buying some from anyone selling them.

I need to be able to show area calculations of the building, site LOD, ect. Also need good stair labels. I may want others if I see what they can do. I don't want to be wasting my time going down a rabbit hole learning Ruby just yet, as I have very limited free time.

Let me know what macros you have and your price.

Joe Carrick and Michael (AlaskanSon) , both have Libraries available for purchase , Joe has a Post here listing some of his library..... let  me see if I can find it...

Found some of Joes Posts , not sure if Michael has a similar one?

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/12673-joes-macros-complete-list/#comment-109086

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/6595-joes-macro-a-month-subscription-service/#comment-59212

@JoeCarrick

@Alaskan_Son

Just now, nVisionTEKBIM said:

I asked Joe before but never got a response

I'd put that down to the internet...doesn't sound like Joe to me .....nor is it good business :)    I tagged them so at some point they should both drop in....

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

I'd put that down to the internet...doesn't sound like Joe to me .....nor is it good business :)    I tagged them so at some point they should both drop in....

I sent Joe a PM about a week ago and He hasn't got back to me. I hope he is ok! Its unlike him not to respond. I'm looking for some macros also.

2 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I sent Joe a PM about a week ago and He hasn't got back to me. I hope he is ok! Its unlike him not to respond. I'm looking for some macros also.

Spring Break?

Or Perhaps he is having to update the Marcos for X11 and doesn't want any pressure from you fellas :)  , JJ , but doesn't sound like Joe to me either...

13 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Joe goes out of town sometimes, I use some of his  macro's but I don't think he had to update for X11. 

I have been very busy updating my entire set of macros for X11.  Most of them still worked but some of the new capabilities of X11 pushed me to redo a lot of them.  I will be done with this effort in another week and will post an update to the Macro list and be ready to sell them.

ps:  We've also been preparing our house for sale and the clean-up / de-clutter has consumed a tremendous amount of my time.

Your macro's seem pretty sought after, Joe. It's good to hear you'll have them for sale again soon.

I'm surprised Chief doesn't have any macros on the SSA download page. They are pretty essential. I always want to avoid having to manually type in an area or stair info since I fear it'll be incorrect if something gets moved in the design.

18 hours ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

Your macro's seem pretty sought after, Joe

B/C he's just so damn good at them.

I will share a .plan that has a bunch of macros I've written including site area analysis....it is rudimentary in comparison to Joe's, mine simply uses poly lines..

also I have not gotten around to putting in instructions like Joe always does in his macros. I believe this plan includes his dimension formatting macros which he gave away a while ago.

You will have to reverse engineer a few things....start in the ___jobInfo macro and it will get you very far...just requires user input

download: 

EXAMPLE-N.plan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I appreciate that Rene! I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

I also use Revit LT, and had full Revit for a short period of time. Full Revit uses Dynamo which is really powerful visual programming plugin and is used for some crazy commercial design projects. As I was searching for solutions to simple things, I would read on Revit forums that you have to use Dynamo. I tried it before, but it's sooo complicated and pretty much made for computer wizards. I felt like, there's no way in heck I am going down the rabbit hole of learning to use that thing for such a simple task. That's how I feel with Ruby in Chief at this point, but slowly I'll learn a little at at time.

I use Michael’s macros and they are simple easy Peasy to use.  I am not even sure they are “his” macros anymore.  I used his simple approach to get areas.  FARs ,  coverages, attic areas and required number of vents etc.

Part of my method involves a macro naming system that is easy enough to remember.

I have been asking for this for 15 years and finally Michael was able to help me out. 

I have said from from day one that CA”s living area is essentially useless for me.

• Like 1