X11 has changed something in roofs and I can't seem to turn it off

para-CAD

So, I have a 12:12 roof in X11 that now displays the text "12 IN 12" along each exterior wall and "(VERT-G)" or "(VERT-V)" on gables or interior.

Can't seem to locate what setting is selected to generate this.  Super frustrating since this is something that has never appeared before (X10 or earlier).

Any help in turning this off is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

2019-03-29 20_43_47-Window.png

"Make roof base line polylines" can be very useful IF you know how to use it. You'll need to delete it if you change the roof for the roof will build based on that polyline. Michael is correct that you checked that when you did the auto build of the roof. You'll have to tab around in plan view to select it. 

BTW, that is not new. It has been around for a very long time.

15 minutes ago, para-CAD said:

Unchecking roofs, labels did not work.

I guess I will delete the roof and start over.

roof label problem.png

It has nothing to do with roof labels. If you don't want to build the roof based on the roof baseline polyline, you'll have to delete it in plan view. It might be easier to locate if you change that layer to red or yellow or something. Maybe deleting the roof will work though, not sure for I'm not looking at the program. Just be sure you don't have "make roof baseline polyline" checked.

Just now, para-CAD said:

Done. 

Deleting always works. 

Kind of a pain that I can't just uncheck the displaying of text.

Thanks to all those who provided input.

Look to see if that layer is still active, if so, then it's still there or if you rebuilt the roof using that option, it just created a new roof baseline polyline and that's what you're seeing.

6 hours ago, para-CAD said:

Unchecking roofs, labels did not work.

I guess I will delete the roof and start over.

roof label problem.png

I don't want to confuse things but if you look at the layer control box that you posted, you will see "Roofs, Baseline Polylines", which is still checked.  If you uncheck that layer display, the 12 in 12 labels and the baseline polylines will all disappear. 

1 hour ago, DG1949 said:

I don't want to confuse things but if you look at the layer control box that you posted, you will see "Roofs, Baseline Polylines", which is still checked.  If you uncheck that layer display, the 12 in 12 labels and the baseline polylines will all disappear. 

That's true and shouldn't be confusing. Maybe I'm misunderstanding that they do want to build and edit using that tool. I just didn't get that impression based on the thread title and first post.

Just to be clear, as there seems to be some confusion.

Roof Baseline polylines are a way of auto building the roofs without reference to the walls or the model (except for the first build of the polylines, which can then be edited).

If you just turn off the Roofs, Baselines Polylines layer, the roof will still build according to the polyline.

If you don't want to use the roof Baseline Polyline to build the roof, you need to delete it (or ignore it - see below) - it may be hard to select because it will overlay the walls.

If you want to use the Roof Baseline Polyline, but not see the text, open the polyline's dbx, go to the Line Style Panel.

Show Length controls the display of the roof pitch and roof type (ie, G for gable).

Show Angle displays the cad line angle.

You can ignore using the roof Baseline Polyline to auto build the roof.

Open the Build Roof dbx, check Build Roof Planes, and uncheck Use Existing Roof Baselines.

Having said that, in this case, you would probably just want to delete the Roof Baseline Polyline because it sounds like you built the Roof Baseline Polylines by mistake.

Be aware that there is a difference between a Roof Baseline Polyline (which controls more than two roofs) and the more normally used Roof Baseline (which only controls a single roof plane). 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, tommy1 said:

It has nothing to do with roof labels. If you don't want to build the roof based on the roof baseline polyline, you'll have to delete it in plan view. It might be easier to locate if you change that layer to red or yellow or something. Maybe deleting the roof will work though, not sure for I'm not looking at the program. Just be sure you don't have "make roof baseline polyline" checked.

This is a good case where having an "all on" and "all off" layerset in your template will help you find or isolate objects.  Use the all off layerset and only turn on layers you suspect or know that object you are looking for are on.  If you've lost an object and don't know which layer it is on, use the all on set and see if you can spot it.

1 hour ago, glennw said:

Just to be clear, as there seems to be some confusion.

Roof Baseline polylines are a way of auto building the roofs without reference to the walls or the model (except for the first build of the polylines, which can then be edited).

If you just turn off the Roofs, Baselines Polylines layer, the roof will still build according to the polyline.

If you don't want to use the roof Baseline Polyline to build the roof, you need to delete it (or ignore it - see below) - it may be hard to select because it will overlay the walls.

If you want to use the Roof Baseline Polyline, but not see the text, open the polyline's dbx, go to the Line Style Panel.

Show Length controls the display of the roof pitch and roof type (ie, G for gable).

Show Angle displays the cad line angle.

You can ignore using the roof Baseline Polyline to auto build the roof.

Open the Build Roof dbx, check Build Roof Planes, and uncheck Use Existing Roof Baselines.

Having said that, in this case, you would probably just want to delete the Roof Baseline Polyline because it sounds like you built the Roof Baseline Polylines by mistake.

Be aware that there is a difference between a Roof Baseline Polyline (which controls more than two roofs) and the more normally used Roof Baseline (which only controls a single roof plane). 

I agree with Glenn but I didn't want to go into an explanation on how to use the roof plane polyline. Because the OP didn't want to see the text, he needed to know why the text as there in the first place which has been described. As mentioned, turning off the layer like anything else doesn't mean that it's gone which it isn't. Also as mentioned, the OP needs to delete it and build roof place without using this option. When I help newbies who are starting out with roofs, I always tell then not to check that option at this time for it will only lead to confusion. I can only think of a couple of time I ever used it. I'm assuming that the OP got it working okay. Yes it can sometime be difficult to select but if all else fails, go to an all off layer set and turn on that layer and delete it.