Wall Schedule

wjmdes

Excited about this and still figurinf it out, however, this is bugging me.

343570180_WALLSCHEDULE.thumb.jpg.f3d13ee34218d5409f51c04894d34527.jpg

I first did the as-built drawing and spent some time getting the wall schedule correct and how I wanted it.  I then saved and then saved as the new plan.  When I add new walls the schedule that came along from the original file does not update.  I had to go to tools and insert a new schedule and the new walls appeared in the new schedule only.

Hopefully there is just one checkbox I am missing, but I am befuddled.

19-1016_RCA_Bldg_I.plan

32 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

Yes, I had done that, did not work...

Schedules will display based on "like" information pulled from the column headings that you choose to include..

as in, if you add a column type "floor" you will now get new rows of wall assemblies from a first and second floor regardless of a lack or presence of any other differences between the assemblies.

In your case you have multiple wall types using the description "EXISTING 2X4 STUDS @ 16"O.C., NO GYP BD."

and since you only included the "description" column, CA schedules will not distinguish between different wall types until you add the column type "wall type"

so the new schedule has the column type" wall type" which is why additional wall types are present.

Simply add a wall type column and you will see your schedule populate

7 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Schedules will display based on "like" information pulled from the column headings that you choose to include..

Yes, that fixed it, now I need to figure out how 2 select the walls on both floors at the same so the description matches.  This info would be great if it was in the wall definitions and not for each seperate wall....

3 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

Yes, that fixed it, now I need to figure out how 2 select the walls on both floors at the same so the description matches.  This info would be great if it was in the wall definitions and not for each seperate wall....

I typically name my wall type and remove description entirely from schedules, but thats just me