polyline fill

tracer

4 minutes ago, tracer said:

Used to have a lot more like angles, angled cross hatch etc. They still around. Use for material definitions in details.

They have been replaced by one, horizontal lined pattern, called "Hatch".  You have to use that one and then adjust angle, spacing, etc.

to get what you need

The most every day used fills have been removed from the drop down menu, leaving the least used fills in the easy to access drop down, and you now have to create the most common and most used fills anew each time or place them in the library, where you can access them with a couple additional clicks, which is something you couldn't know unless you read all the notes or posted here.

1 minute ago, tracer said:

Why fix what's not broken??

It's just one of those changes with good intent (creating a vast library of fills) and unintended consequences that makes the feature just little harder to understand and use. Just get used to it because this is not a change that Chief is likely to fix, probably because it doesn't seem broken from their non-user perspective.

The ability to create fills and save them in the library far outweighs the loss of a prefab fill style, IMO. I'm saving fills in the library that before I had to create every time by modifying the limited choices.

After realizing Angle Hatch was gone, :o it took a few minutes to adjust my chi and regain my composure, but now I like the new Fill Styles control. Overall, a time saver.

It’s much cleaner and more intuitive IMO (both for new users and for old users once you realize what’s going on) .  Since we can now rotate these patterns on an object by object basis, it makes little sense to include a pre-rotated pattern in the drop down.  It could actually be extremely confusing if a rotation angle were set.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

The ability to create fills and save them in the library far outweighs the loss of a prefab fill style, IMO. I'm saving fills in the library that before I had to create every time by modifying the limited choices.

After realizing Angle Hatch was gone, :o it took a few minutes to adjust my chi and regain my composure, but now I like the new Fill Styles control. Overall, a time saver.

Might be even a bigger time saver if the drop down had our most commonly used custom fills from the library, like the new line styles dbx ...or no drop down at all with basically useless fills? To each their own of course and the flexibility of the new library of fills is awesome but it takes another step to get there and any GUI in my opinion should reduce steps wherever possible. Overall a good change but leaves users confused, which is another reason to think the move over before committing. 

1 minute ago, HumbleChief said:

Like it was before? Confusing to simply choose an angled hatch pattern from the drop down? OK...

Wasn’t a problem before we gained the new capabilities.  I have no doubt in my mind that adding those patterns back to the drop down now would not be a good thing.  It’s much cleaner and more intuitive like it is.  How would a rotated horizontal hatch make sense or a rotated vertical hatch, or an angle hatch rotated to vertical?  Could get very confusing very fast.  

18 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Wasn’t a problem before we gained the new capabilities.  I have no doubt in my mind that adding those patterns back to the drop down now would not be a good thing.  It’s much cleaner and more intuitive like it is.  How would a rotated horizontal hatch make sense or a rotated vertical hatch, or an angle hatch rotated to vertical?  Could get very confusing very fast.  

OK