Invisible Wall closing floor edge

ACADuser

Just found more issues with walls in that area.

I did have to raise the "open to above" room floor to get the exterior horizontal element on the glass wall to be at 13' above the floor so I could place a psolid over it to look like a window frame. This messed up only some of the railings.

CA Railing issue.JPG

CA Bedroom Railing.JPG

2 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Yes, Alan Butler AKA Charles Alan Butler.

My father was Charles, My uncle was Charles & my cousin was a Charles.

What were our parents thinking? :)

Oh I see ... :)              I got lucky.... Mother wouldn't allow me to be "the Third" in line thankfully ...

may My Grandfather and Father not hold that thought against me :)

2 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

The hole thing started because my floor to floor, all glass, left a horizontal dark spot on the glass which I covered with a psoid but was too low for the real world.

So I raised the floor.

CA Floor Break.JPG

did you save a camera? trying to find the issue....

Oh I was working on the framing as we speak.

The first floor got shorter by 26" so I just finished moving farming back in place & reframed the relevant walls.

I did not think framing was an issue in this case.

I can upload the new file.

Okay I deleted all framing in the plan and rebuilt and it has mostly fixed itself.....some wall coverings missing here and there eg on the edge of the Floor and the hole in the Roof above hot-tub.

The Hole (strip) in the Office Wall I haven't goto yet...

image.thumb.png.978eed2372a9f8793029086fdd071ede.pngimage.thumb.png.4fe70fb121a406125e93854378e2a10c.png

Hi Allan , wow ...I see why people doing Modern Design Homes need CA to lift their game.... all the different ceiling and Floor heights are a Brain Teaser and alot of walls seem confused , so the default top and bottom heights don't work etc , so the fix seems to be to pull them down /up in elevation or 3D, the  Railings can be fixed by turning Railing off in the Wall DBX , the bottom of the Wall pulled down and then railing turned back on .

But the further I go the more I seem to break :)

image.thumb.png.5d0a0730ec021680b7bf5a05d7b060c2.png

Well, just got a call from the glass mgf & 10' is the tallest glass they cay make that meets the wind load requirements.

So, lowering the floor "open to below' back to 10' fixed almost of the issues in that area.

I',m sending to tech support for the remaining problem.

Thanks for your efforts.

23 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Well, just got a call from the glass mgf & 10' is the tallest glass they cay make that meets the wind load requirements.

So, lowering the floor "open to below' back to 10' fixed almost of the issues in that area.

I',m sending to tech support for the remaining problem.

Thanks for your efforts.

Be interesting to hear what TS has to say , that is a "Split Level" on Steroids and will give them Fits too.....

I guess with the hurricanes etc down you way 10' glass makes sense.....

I'm not a ML Expert but if you need help on your other project shoot me a PM I am always looking for some extra work to fill in....

M.

Just an update, we can place a special order for 13' tall glass panels, so we are back to the tall panels.

This is what started some of the issues.

The glass wall definitions I used on the exterior of the 2nd & 3rd floors leaves a visible (not same as glass) object at the floor level.

Tech support is looking into the problem(s).

4 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Just an update, we can place a special order for 13' tall glass panels, so we are back to the tall panels.

This is what started some of the issues.

The glass wall definitions I used on the exterior of the 2nd & 3rd floors leaves a visible (not same as glass) object at the floor level.

Tech support is looking into the problem(s).

Good of the glass company not to mention that in the 1st phone call :(

I did notice a few "different" Wall types in there , perhaps better to approach those areas like a Store-Front Window system , ie floor to Ceiling , with the Exterior surface of the Wall ,set to Black Metal as well ?  ( or whatever colour you need) so it appears to be one "system"

M.

Well salesman said one thing but the MFG had more options.

When I turn the moldings off you can see the floor of the 3rd floor in the window glass.

If that was gone I could put the frame anywhere and not mess with the floor height.

See below what is there from the floor structure. Perhaps a change in wall structure or a change in room floor structure would eliminate the horizontal member shown.

CA Floors.JPG

The Store Front Wall idea seems to work and if you need too you could just delete the Top Plate (TP) but even in a system like this you need horizontal somewhere , ie at max glass height.

Here the walls are 13' high and Balloon framed on the 1st Floor (only) , the Office Floor in the back corner, is hung on the Walls with a ledger instead....

This way the wall is Framed and you can move the "studs" around as needed , and would need all those Polyline Solids you have for Window Bars either.

Not sure if it would work in your plan as yet....

image.thumb.png.0d4418e19a2e6bedd481b3b58783503d.png

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Not sure if it would work in your plan as yet....

Actually it does Allan , not sure what else I "broke" in the process of installing my Store Front Wall but it doesn't look to bad, just have to remember to build the framing and show it in all views. I wasn't sure which part was supposed to have a floor/ceiling or not , some stuff is labelled open below but appears to not be etc...

Plan is below so you can play with the new wall type.... 

MHD_Wickman.zip

image.thumb.png.21385d9804c1b3a6d98f1793b8d2e98f.png