New computer system

Adam_Gibson

1 hour ago, Adam_Gibson said:

Good Drive , It's what I have and the 960 version as well actually mine is the non+ model , this one is newer. They plug in at a 30-4rdeg. angle , similar to a ramchip and you then push it down and secure with a small screw....which you may not have?

On 3/27/2019 at 1:06 PM, Adam_Gibson said:

I thought the video card would be screaming fast. I have yet to start a new project with it though. 

Once CA catches PBR up the Nvidia's Real time Raytracing (RTRT) on the RTX Cards you will likely see the difference , though Nvidia has now said that RTRT will be supported by GTX cards in the new Drivers but it will be a massive hit on Performance if enabled.

21 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Not much benefit in using ram that can run higher than what your motherboard can handle, save the money and use it somewhere else.

Have to agree Ed , 32GB of 3000/3200 will suit just fine .....just make sure it is on the QVL list for the chosen MB as ThreadRipper AMD timings are Different from Intel Timings and may not be compatible.

M.

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Once CA catches PBR up the Nvidia's Real time Raytracing (RTRT) on the RTX Cards you will likely see the difference , though Nvidia has now said that RTRT will be supported by GTX cards in the new Drivers but it will be a massive hit on Performance if enabled.

I'm not keeping my hopes up on this, not sure what would be involved programing wise for CA PBR to take advantage of these new Ray Tracing features. Seems to me this is more aimed at the gaming industry.

4 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

I'm not keeping my hopes up on this, not sure what would be involved programing wise for CA PBR to take advantage of these new Ray Tracing features. Seems to me this is more aimed at the gaming industry.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed and be a good boy this year and hopefully Santa will bring (us all) a Present this year.... :)

Most don't have RTX Cards yet , but hopefully moving forward they will have to go RT like everyone else.....