carport floor height

winterdd

something that should be so easy is driving me nuts. the screened porch has a floor height of 30" above terrain (in line with exterior deck) and a ceiling height of 8'. i use the deck rail tool to make my carport to walk down onto. but as you can see it won't sit on terrain. what floor height pulls this down so i can move onto my roof? thanks guys.

p.s. i have this space listed as garage, patio, porch and can't get it to sit flush on the earth.

Capture.JPG

13 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

but as you can see it won't sit on terrain. what floor height pulls this down so i can move onto my roof? thanks guys.

-26  assuming a 4" slab on Grade... , maybe -28 if you want it in the Ground a bit and want 4 x 7" risers

M.

Solver how about you dont comment on my stuff anymore. With the few posts ive made since december you comment in a way that is condescending or say to watch a tutorial. I wont POST THE PLAN FILE cause i figured it out from the other helpful fellows. I don't care how much you think you know about CA or how long you been on the forums.

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Solver how about you dont comment on my stuff anymore. With the few posts ive made since december you comment in a way that is condescending or say to watch a tutorial. I wont POST THE PLAN FILE cause i figured it out from the other helpful fellows. I don't care how much you think you know about CA or how long you been on the forums.

Just so we are Clear for the future.....it is common practice to ask for the Plan File and Images of the Issue for ALL posts , there is just too much guessing otherwise and time wasted by Responders otherwise.....I suspect you would of had an answer within an hour yesterday had you done that...... and I would be surprised if it wasn't Eric who helped you..... even if his answers as somewhat short at times.....but in his defense He is a strong believer in leading you to the answer so you Learn, and are not just someone using the Forum for quick answers, as many do, cos they don't read the manual or Help Files, then disappear again.

Mick.

Rob, I'm sorry you're offended by anyone's reply to your post/questions for help.  Truth is, the guy's that usually respond (Solver is one of them) are extremely busy doing their own work, yet stop to take the time to help US. Some times the answer is simple, but if they have to guess at what the problem is (since there isn't always a 1-2-3 answer) it is frustrating to stop their work to help Me, if they have to "guess" what the issue may be cause by. Posting the plan always helps get quick solid answers.

Gosh, I've been made fun of (I've had it said, you seem to have had the soft ware a long time and yet don't understand how to do this or that). And one time......you have so maybe things that need fixing I don't know where to start...……….well, in my case it was definitely the truth.  I for one appreciate Solver's answers on previous issues he's helped me with, and I've learned to cut-to-the chase, if my issue has to do with a plan I'm working on, I post the plan with my question, and usually get answer PDQ!

Welcome to the forum.

Guys i have figured this whole software out on my own. I only come here when it gets tricky. So i hear what you are saying. I watched the tutorials a year before i even bought the product and are self taught and already did several projects. Everyone else understood what i asked. I dont need to be told to watch a tutorial or this or that. No one else comes across that way on the forums is all im saying. But thanks for the help, i figured it out from a few others on this thread.

Rob,you mind sharing how you fixed (what needed to happen) it? Or have you? I've never experienced the same issue you did, and it might help me help someone else some time.

I had a lakefront I did back in 2014 that had an original home that had three levels, including a basement, and the new 11,000SF home they wanted designed had four levels....if it hadn't been for Glenn Woodward taking time out of his busy schedule to do Skype......and show me how to set up the different levels?!?!?!?! These forum guys are really great....short answers and all!

It was the bold text that sounded demanding to post the plan file. Lol. Basically my fix was indeed to give a negative value for the slab. The railing command still gives me trouble from time to time when i make a space. Im working on the roof now. I really dont like additions because you do your best to draw the existing home and then tie in everything. In this case the client wants the screened porch and the carport.

2 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Yes, i tried the -26 last night and it wouldnt budge. I figured dropping it to -26 and adding 30" to the ceiling height would work but it didnt.

Oh, I thought when you said you had already tried that, "it wouldn't budge"? Glad you got it to work.